The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one fellas as i could save you a few quid.Used to work for a company that covers insurance work on your property.I reckon 85 percent of houses flooded during winter were when house owners were away during christmas and left the heating off.If your visiting this christmas chaps make sure your heating is on a timer and run it on low while your away.Not long finished a property that was flooding under mains pressure for 3 days,damage was incredible.
cheers daz

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Timely reminder Darren. Water does a hell of a lot of damage to the house fabric & contents.

Yes pipe lagging on the loft pipes is not enough. It's also worth showing any house sitters where the mains water stop taps are & where the hot water stop tap is. The law of sod always comes in to play when you are away from home.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
One of the guys I work with came back from a cruise last week to open the front door and see his ceilings had fallen down due to flooding, it can and does happen :sad: he forgot to turn his on timer, now staying in a hotel until after xmas ! Great advice Daz :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts