Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Colour

Votes: 16 18.6%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is colour or action more important in the lures you use??

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Ide say action dave but then i think back and remember days that ive used the same lure but switched to a different pattern and struck gold.Its a hard one dave but ide still stick with action.
cheers daz

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You swine dave, thats to tough to answer!! .......... I'm gonna say action but if its not the right colour, then I have no confidence..... Oh its a toughie

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harder than you think Ritchie,
I have a lure that I have caught ALOT of fish on this year in two colours, but not a single fish on the other two colours. Fished the same way, same locations.
I would have sworn action was more important than colour, but not so sure now-Hence the poll

Reactions: Ritchie Campion

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good thing about this forum, when your stumped for an answer, there are plenty of guys on here with the knowledge and experience to hopefully give you an answer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Can't vote on this one Dave, they are as important as each other.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've gone for colour over action, because to an extent I can impart some of the action myself.

If I want to "match the hatch" the first thing I look at is colour.

·
Banned
891 Posts
I can't really answer this poll as for me both go hand in hand, action is the first thing to look at when you've found the fish, then you fine tune the colour if you're lucky enough to have multiple colours of your chosen lure...

A good example for me is the patchinko, the action kills but black n silver hands down mutilates yellow on my marks....

Another example, the zonk 120, I currently have four colours all of which will score, but the pearl rainbow is heads above in terms of fish count...

But, saying all of that, from the fishes perspective I would say that colour is more important (daytime, night would be different IMHO) as they see the colour first then approach and check out the action, if both = "I want to bite you" then happy days....

·
Registered
66 Posts
You swine dave, thats to tough to answer!! .......... I'm gonna say action but if its not the right colour, then I have no confidence..... Oh its a toughie
i,ve got to agree with ritchie, confidence in the lure comes top of my list therefore i go for my fav/ trusted colours,
however, once i,ve caught and i,m off the dreaded blank, i,ll experiment!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I use surface lures most of the time, so I feel the way that the lure is fished is of greater importance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So is colour or action more important in the lures you use??
I think that colour it's less important then action, expecially for bass fishing. While in Sw, in night fishing, best results I've done with withe colour (Tide) and Chartreuse Back (shore line shiner). There are to many situation to value in spinning fishing, so, about your question we can write a book :)
(p.s. nice question!)

GG

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: Luigi

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I went for colour on this one action is very important but i have offen been fishing with a mate of mine the two will be fishing beside each other using the same plug in differ colour and at times one colour will out fish the other 4 or 5 to 1 till the change of colour is made then the catches are almost the same, good question mate gets the brain working!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts