The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I was wondering if you have found any particular colours have been better for you than others.
I know some don't like it, but white Aji Meets have been magic for me for pollack/whiting. Also transulcent chartreuse also has scored fish for me.
Definately think that a worm coloured SP like a Reins Caro Swamp should score well-looks like a worm and hopefully acts like a worm-Has to work.
So what are your go to colours, and have you noticed any species favouring a particular colour??

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Jon,
I was thinking about LRF lures really.

Have to agree about FeedShallow/mullet for bass-cracking lure

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definately think that a worm coloured SP like a Reins Caro Swamp should score well-looks like a worm and hopefully acts like a worm
For LRF purposes, I (only) use the last 2 or 2,5 inches of the Shakey Head Worms (Zoom Baits). Works excellent on finesse style jigheads. Only caught whiting and flounder thus far (pollack and wrasse are not common here), but I'm confident it will catch pouting and codling as well here in the NL.

Only have them in chartreuse pepper and bubblegum, and both colours have worked equally well for me, but I have a slight preference for bubblegum (must be the vague resemblance with the real thing, colourwise).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks wjmoree,
Both for the colour info and the heads up on using Shakey Head worms-will check them out.

Thanks Keith,
Funny isn't it, White is working a treat over here, and you don't seem to rate it, either we are doing different things to you that is making the white colour more attractive or conditions are slightly different-Something to think about there. Caught in clear and cloudy water with white so far, not outright dirty water yet.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Adrian,
Strange again white seems to be a successful colour. Will try the green/wrasse combination when I get a chance Adrian, the only place i have seen them locally has only tiny ones. But worth a try.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I like the translucent/glitter colours. Straight or paddle tail or others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts