The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Off to France end of August with missus and family, staying just outside a fishing town called Concarnou. wondering if anyone has ever fished in the area at all and can pass on any tips? I'm guessing that I'll use the same watercraft that I practice here? I'll prob only manage a couple sessions while there so kind of wanted to make the most of it.

Cheers,

Matt.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah thats the place mate, her folks are buying a gaffe out there and we're going over with them to have a look. don't have google earth on this office computer, will have a good look later. Hoping I can pick up some tackle out there also. I'll properly document any findings out there.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have fished in the harbour area with my son a few years back. If your into Mullet your in for some fun & probably a pb. In 2 sessions we had 20 odd fish to over 7Lb. They came by the slip opposite the open market.Just up the hill from the slip is a cracking tackle shop with lots of pics,some great double figure lure caught Bass amongst them.
Take your wallet, last time i was there i spent a fortune in that shop.Concarneau town is a great place for the ladies to go shopping,so a session on the Mullet should'nt be a problem.We stayed in a mobile home site outside of Concarneau which was just back from the beach.Red mullet,small Bass & Sole were the main catches.Its a lovely part of France,hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: Matt Newcombe

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Steve! that's just the sort of info I was after! I'll look out for the mullet, had my first one this year at 4lb was a good scrap so 7lb would be cracking!! Think I'll be sneaking in that shop then :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
No probs Matt, the french in the area don't seem to bother with the Mullet, they were fishing further down the pier by some cranes catching scad & small bream for the pot. With all the small fish in there the Bass won't be far away, early hours of the morning prob be best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts