The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what a couple of weeks it has been, after alot of blanks this year I meet up with a friend of mine for a lesson on how to fish that pesky yellow patchinko. Gordon had taken numerous fish the previous morning and had lost 3 and landed 1 whilst all I had to show for my efforts was a single rise. Undetered I tried a thunderstick and a tide minnow sf but as the panic of another blank started to set in I put on a Skitterpopper and took a 5.5lb fish. I was quite upset that the fish was bleeding heavlily from the gills and had to be dispatched. I hate killing Bass!

Yesterday I went out with Gloria (my 270) to a spot I have been trying for a while now and managed another fish on the Skitterpopper taking right by my feet. Lip hooked and returned safe and well.

Ok pretty poor for the whole year but I am happy to have had my first 2 fish on surface lures in the UK and its still better than dirty bait fishing.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ah ,now i know who you are ........."mag popper"..........well done on your second one off the top. Are you going to be able to attend the bumble this weekend at beaumaris at all ?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Well done Dave, cracking feeling isn't it!

It happens to everyone, the deep hooked fish. It cannot be helped sometimes

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Good fishing mate. I'm catch and release all the way now, but eating fish is the reason 90% of people go out fishing anyway, so no need to feel bad. Fish tastes nice lol!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great to catch em off the top, just a thought I carry a pair of side cutters with me and if a hook is in the gill rakers you can open the Gill plate and very often snip the bend of the hook off ......

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
well done dave can't wait to savour that feeling myself .

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replys and the tips guys. I think the trouble with this year apart from too much work, was banking on my early marks to produce. When they didnt it threw me a little. Still I am off tuesday wednesday thursady for another crack.

Trev sorry I cannot make the bumble, people have gone off sick leaving me to cover nights. I wish you all well and hope you find a few fish now that the wind has dropped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts