The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera (Panasonic FT-1) has the capability to creat HD Video, which is great. However, the format is pants, and has been giving my grief, as it seems that it stores the Vid footage & the Audio in different files. Basically this has been making it very difficult to edit & process the vids.

However, i've had a fiddle with the camera, and think i've cracked in by simply selecting a different video format.

But, i'd like to convert the AVCHD footage that i already have, into something i can work with (a one-file format - Mov, etc . . .). I've done a bit of surfing and come up with some possible free downloads that may do it, but was wondering if we have any boffins on here that may be able to point me in the right direction???

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good luck - well beyond me!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I have a program at home that I use to convert vids off my phone and mini Digicam. Free video converter or some other similar non-search engine freindly name. I'll try remember to look tonight.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If that little program fails, I sometimes use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Pro

It has all the features of the premium version costing over £500 but is pitched for home users without loads of similtanious video feeds and some of the more professional filters etc...

Very good video editing software and will easily cope with AVCHD conversion and anything else you want to do with it to be honest.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
The world hasn't caught up to HD on computers and internet yet.
Quality is superb yet, editing it is painful and so very processor hungry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts