The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Met Eireann this morning was suppose to be a right off however they have the excellent ability of getting the weather completly wrong. So I decided at the off chance it might be calm enough to set the alarm just in case, up at 5.30am I looked out the window and you guessed it Met Eireann got it wrong...happy days, off to a local rock mark.

Arrived at the rock mark for 6.00am nice and overcast and a nice fizz on the water. Lost a fish on my 3rd cast and to add insult to injury just as I took the tide minnow out of the water a wave soaked me, proper ****ed off at this stage i moved to a ledge which was nice and sheltered fishing into 2ft of water in places I decided to throw up the feed shallow not wanting to break off yet another lip off a tide minnow. The bass then decided to play ball had 3 fish in quick succession 2lb, 3.5lb and one just over 5lb. It then went quiet very quickly and I could only manage a follow from a very nice fish before heading home for breakfast.

Met up with my buddy after lunch but the swell had seriously picked up since the morning weed and murky water becoming a problem. Met the crew over from England who were also finding it difficult with the swell that picked up and the horrible amount of floating weed.

Out again tomorrow, try to find some clean water....its good to be home :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
James, i'm both delighted for you, and distraught at having to leave today !! The weed out there was a real pain in the hole while i was out there ! Such a stunning stretch of Coast though, and a hugely diverse range of marks to choose from. I'm already plotting my next trip !

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
James
Lovely looking fish there.
Was out in Wexford at weekend and some marks were brutal with that weed...disappointing to say the least....

Roll on the weekend so I can return

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
James, i'm both delighted for you, and distraught at having to leave today !! The weed out there was a real pain in the hole while i was out there ! Such a stunning stretch of Coast though, and a hugely diverse range of marks to choose from. I'm already plotting my next trip !
Simon I was going to ring you last night to see how you got on over here and to see if you were up for coming out this morning but didnt because I thought the weather would put a halt to the session and decided not to ring yea at half 5 this morning.... hope you had a good trip!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great stuff James, welcome home. Fished last night, estuary clogged with lettuce weed, basically unfishable. Soul destroying considering the Bass are there in good numbers:sad:
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
231 Posts
Some nice bass there gentlemen true jaguars of the sea :) :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for the replys lads,, went out yesterday but we only managed to get a couple due to the amount of weed about at the minute,, heading out again tonight so hopefully will have something to report....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts