The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my all night Severn-Bore-length surfing session I stumbled across THESE rods. I'm sure some members would approve of the casting weight. :ugeek: They come in at £51 delivered, not too bad as the other Cormorans seem to be getting a lot of good reviews.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Looks good at that money. Had a dangle with the Firefly yesterday.No fish (raving windy) but felt good. Powerful too as I snagged some lost tackle and pumped it up a treat.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Tim,
it looks like a great rod for the money. Odd it doesn't say how long it is though, but in the picture it looks like between 6 and 7 feet. Always difficult buying from a picture/description.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I was talking to **** about these on Friday funnily enough and he said he might be getting some in. At that price (the same as two expensive plugs?) they look like a steal for light use/an introduction to the light stuff.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I made enquiries, it looks like they are discontinued and were bought on a clearance list.... I sell other Carbo Stars and for the money (£30) they are great value. I will let you know if I get some.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good at that money. Had a dangle with the Firefly yesterday.No fish (raving windy) but felt good. Powerful too as I snagged some lost tackle and pumped it up a treat.
I really like the Firefly too Tim, hopefully getting out after tea...
Tim,
it looks like a great rod for the money. Odd it doesn't say how long it is though, but in the picture it looks like between 6 and 7 feet. Always difficult buying from a picture/description.
I hadn't noticed that there wasn't a length quoted. *EDIT* it says 2.1m Mike!
I was talking to **** about these on Friday funnily enough and he said he might be getting some in. At that price (the same as two expensive plugs?) they look like a steal for light use/an introduction to the light stuff.
I thought it was fairly bargainesque too.
I made enquiries, it looks like they are discontinued and were bought on a clearance list.... I sell other Carbo Stars and for the money (£30) they are great value. I will let you know if I get some.
They look good for the money, not as good as my Firefly though, £23 with a spare tip and a hard case delivered! Sorry, keep saying that, I can't believe how lucky I was to drop in on that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts