The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a Teklon Concept Spin 802ML 8' rod and I would like a 3000 size reel to go with it.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune as I already have some nicer reels for my Supermix 270 and the Hardy Rod I have so it's either these or something like a 3000 size Shimano Technium.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with these...?

****, I know you rated these reels when they were first released, any update on their performance now they've had a few months to bed in?

I'm looking at light SW use (I always wash them after SW use) and some freshwater piking.

To be honest I'd rather spend only £50 on the Black Master 3000 and it has a slightly higher capcity spool. Is the Black star really worth the extra £30 for the kind of use I'm looking at? If you get a lot more reel for the money then it's a no brainer, I'll go for the star.

thoughts....

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think Steve Lewis has one of those Black Stars and he really rates his and Mr Fish stocks both so you should get an answer soon, Chad.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i have a black star i use it for the lighter stuff a very nice reel indeed!
i cant compare it though as i haven't used the master!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've ordered the Black Star from ****, looking forward to getting it and trying it out when I get a chance :)

That Daiwa reel looks nice, I have a 4000 size Exceler Plus which I really like. The Daiwa seems a bit bigger than Shimano reels so probably go for a 3000 in Diawa sizes but I've not had any problems with mine so far.

·
Registered
647 Posts
nobody seems to know much about sakura reels so ive narrowed it down to the daiwa coastal inshore and the black star...i think a saltwater rated reel is a must.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts