The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right! This is an update to contain everything thats in this thread... (updated Thursday, 8th April).

Attendees:

Ben Field
Robert Taylor
Nathan taylor
Vaughan
Ruan
Joecockle
Jez
Nigel Gullen
Martin Cook
Martin's brother (maybe)
Luke Fox
Sean Scipio
Marq + 1
Paul C (probable)

...just let me know if you want including. ALL welcome. Its just a mess about so nothing serious. If you're just starting out, come along and between us we'll see you're sorted!

The plan is:

Date: Sunday, 11th April 2010
Time: Meet at 1pm on the sea front (it'll be obvious).

Parking: Parking is available all along the road but there are larger spaces (pay and display) in the town if none are available. Being the Easter holidays there's no way I can guarentee that you'll be able to park along the front (I don't know the area well enough), so do be prepared to pay for parking just in case. You'll passthe main town carpark on your way in to town. Its probably 10 minutes walk from where we'll be fishing (mostly), but is also better positioned perhaps if you wanted to spend time fishing the East side.

Nearest Webcam: http://www.looe.co.uk/webcam/webcam.htm

Tides (approximate): Low - 10:50, High - 16:50.

I'd suggest that everybody turns up in their own time during the morning, fishes over low tide (and a couple of hours up) and meets at 1pm somewhere along the sea front, down on the rocky beach. There will be more obvious meeting points (coves/bays) when we get there and familiarise ourselves with the area. I'd suggest heading for the river mouth side. We'll congregate easily enough. Then we can just have a bite to eat (bring some sandwiches?), a chat and then decide what the afternoon holds. You'll have a choice of places to fish, either within walking distance or just a few miles away if you fancy exploring.

I'll be heading over at about 6.30am to fully make the most of the morning. As I've said, there will be people around at various times of the day, so do feel free to come as early or as late as you like or is convenient. Its a totally no stress day (hopefully).

Conditions: The weather forecast is good and we are expecting very little in the way of swell (perhaps unfortunately). KAYAKERS - bring your yaks! Again, I can't guarentee the calmness or weather but if it is calm then Looe island will be an idyllic place to paddle around. We've had and are expecting very little rain between now and then so water clarity should be superb - that'd been my main concern leading up to this.

Directions (PL13) - you're trying to get to here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=loo...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

Facilities: The closest Public toilets can be found in the main carpark previously mentioned. Lots and lots of food and drinks are available across the bridge on the East side (Expect the town to be reasonably busy). There will be pubs around if anybody fancies a pint or 2 (in the sun!).

Extras: Yet to be finalised but I'll discuss with Nathan (and anybody else who is kind enough to help/volunteer) the possibility of setting up a barbeque during early evening to finish off the day nicely with some hot food and a couple of drinks.

Pictures:

Flower Cloud Sky Water Plant Sky Water Mountain Bedrock Horizon

(photo ref: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/858863, http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11939875)

Looking forward to it!

Attachments

Reactions: Jeremy Hayden

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, good point Si. Although it can obvioulsy be moved. Easter weekend just happens to be when Alex is down and Tom reckoned he might be able to make it.

To all, we can move it if necessary. Although tides become weak the weekend before and the weekend after.

Open to suggestions? Early morning travelling to avoid traffic?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmmm. Understood. Never leaving the county I guess I don't usually think about these things.

Actually! My mistake! Tides are actually better the weekend after! Date moved to 10th/11th!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably right mate. We'd have to leave it til a week in to May if we're gonna get a decent tide though.

We'll think of something decent to do on your Cornwall time to make those on the other side of the M5 jealous! ;-)

·
Registered
779 Posts
my misses has banned me for easter

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boooooooooooooooo!! Next time Tom!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No probs Martin. Just come along and between us all, any questions or anything you've got, we'll get you sorted. Be good to meet you. There aren't many from this part of the world that I've had the fortune of meeting yet.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been down there today guys and had a nice look around. The area looks absolutely spot on!! So much easy access, good looking ground to fish! And all within easy walking distance of some properly good accommodation (if necessary) and funnily enough "Ye Olde Fisherman's Arm" where I'm sure we can head to for a pint or two! Will pop some photos up later.

·
Registered
990 Posts
just watch out for ben, Martin!....he's has a sickness you see, for shinny things. Its great to have you on here mate, look forward to catching up! :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You comin Nath? Flippin better be! :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good good! Got to have the local celebrities involved!! Henry's a possibility too.

Father as well?

·
Registered
990 Posts
yes mate we will all be there bud, Bassmasters will get a Trophy all made up for the angler with the longest bass, might pay to get practice on these friendlies to see how they would work.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good thinkin! That'd be wicked! All good fun.

Come on all you out of towners! Cornish seaside town, fish, beers, local celebs(!)...

·
Registered
33 Posts
just watch out for ben, Martin!....he's has a sickness you see, for shinny things. Its great to have you on here mate, look forward to catching up! :)
Yer matey it would be good to catch up I better get out and practise some more so I don't show myself up. (Well that is the excuse I will use for any extra trips when the missus moans any way!!)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts