The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, but since the wind arrived a couple of weeks ago after that settled period, I have been out 3 times in the last 2 weeks and all 3 sessions have died a death due to the dreaded weed? :evil:

Its been so bad its been hopeless even fishing weedless where I've been. Tried up on the North coast, down South, even went to a very sheltered location well out of any wind but the weed had drifted in and was there every cast.

I see some of you local boys are posting successful catch reports, whats your secret???!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi mark
no its not just you mate i went out the other evening and it looked perfect but for the weed!!! managed two small bass and a wrasse .
but i reckon those were the only three casts that came back clean. had me tearing my hair out and i cant afford to lose any more!! hopefully this wind will wash it all ashore

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
To be honest, although I haven;t been out as much as usual, I haven't been noticing much around here. There was a load the other night, but it's always there in this one spot. Other than that, all clear when I've been out. Could just be lucky though?!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, although I haven;t been out as much as usual, I haven't been noticing much around here. There was a load the other night, but it's always there in this one spot. Other than that, all clear when I've been out. Could just be lucky though?!
Thanks Ben, maybe its just me thats been unlucky (or incompetent!).

Encouraging to try again if others arent having the same problem although the sea is raging down here right now so I'm guessing a whole load more is on the way!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi mark
no its not just you mate i went out the other evening and it looked perfect but for the weed!!! managed two small bass and a wrasse .
but i reckon those were the only three casts that came back clean. had me tearing my hair out and i cant afford to lose any more!! hopefully this wind will wash it all ashore
Phew, I was starting to take it personally!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks Ben, maybe its just me thats been unlucky (or incompetent!).

Encouraging to try again if others arent having the same problem although the sea is raging down here right now so I'm guessing a whole load more is on the way!
Yeah, same here at the moment. Due for monster seas tomorrow. Could be good fishing following that though. :D

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Mark
Plenty of weed in my area to but if you can find a spot with not to much weed then your in with a good chance of a fish or two. Keep trying they are there.

·
1,866 Posts
Hi Mark

It was the same on Chesil beach last Saturday. Although it could get interesting in the next few days with two days of southwest gales due.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Mark,

yes mate, it seems a universal problem. still catching but bloody hard work.

Maybe the big blow coming in may clear it. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes the weed has been terrible these past few weeks. The storms though should rip even more out but pile it up at the high tide mark with luck. It's hard fishing but if you can find a clear spot the fishing can be great.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hi Mark Keep searching for weedless spots Been lucky for a couple of days but went out today and its choked up The odd day when it has been clear has been good Lots fish about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts