The Lure Forums banner

Cornwall LRF sesh - Saturday 17th?

486 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Ben Field 
#1 ·
Tides are nice to fish Mevagissey harbour tomorrow night. High is about 8.15pm so I'll probably get there about 7ish and fish til about 10?

Anybody in the area who's keen to try catching a few midget pollack (and hopefully some bigger ones), rockling, scorpion fish, gobies(?!), or whatever we can get our hands on, feel free to come join. All you'll need is the lightest rod you possibly own, the smallest baits you own, a pocket full of bits and bobs and a headtorch.

50 fish between a few of us should be more than doable.

#3 ·
Cheers Paul.

Fingers crossed for a mackerel or 2 before it gets dark as well.

#5 ·
Yeah occasionally Nige, when I want to fis the light stuff. We obviously don't have the same sort of harbours up here on the north, so Mevagissey is my 'local' - even if it does take me 45 mins to get there. Penzance/Newlyn are on the list to be fished soon as well.

#7 ·
Cool, will do! Uncertain at the moment whether I'm actually going to be able to do tomorrow now to be honest. May end up getting dragged to the pub unfortunately, fully against my will.

#9 ·
Urgh! Decision made! Getting rat a**ed somehow happened last night instead so there's no way I'm touching a drop tonight! Fishing it is!

#11 ·
Quite impressed with my dedication so far today mate. Got dragged out while I had a very sore head earlier and had a nice mullet. Really looking forward to hitting the harbour now. Hopefully there won't be too many drunks out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.