Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I must be crazy and its a lure forum but its just a thought :

over the past few months there have been few threads about that have had dead or live bait involvement in them, would it not be a idea to have a small bait section so any and all bait related stuff can get posted in there whatever it is - I'm not thinking a whole section with sub sections, just a dark corner somewhere for those that find it hard to resist temptation now and then - could almost be seen as a confession section, where no judgement will be passed :)

I know there are others that find it hard to resist the smelly stuff on occasion and maybe they want to share that too

( mr mullins livebaiting cod, littlehampton bream fishing, ritchie and his plaice, Andy from Guernsey with a convienient loaf of bread in his van, etc etc - oh and me with a good boat bait sesh today)

I used to post bait stuff in the C.I section on the "other side" but thats has died a death and this is where it is at.

what do other memers and mods/admin reckon?

Please dont call me Judas.....................its just a thought!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
what do other memers and mods/admin reckon
Well.........as you have asked for other opinions..........the answer is "no"......the theme is "The Lure Forum"............

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I think it's a good idea mate! I love lures but I love bait too! It could just be a tiny bait report section even? Who can argue seeing pictures of fish being caught! If you didn't likethe section then..... Don't go into it lol

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Ho Hum! so much snobbery still around..where's the refreshing live and let live attitude that appears to be so prevalent and is the strength of this Forum now.??

I don't have a problem with it but at the end of the day it's down to the Forum management. It may get stopped to prevent back biting from other members though...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really enjoy my bait fishing in fact thats all I used to do but I like the forum because of its "lure only" topics and thats what makes this forum diffrent to other ones and keeps people interested and posting. Thats my view on it anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
No !, I have no issues with bait fishing, but please, not on this Lure forum.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
its the lure forum i dont mind the odd confession but a whole section dedicated to bait nah thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allready its unanimous No, I was only curious , I'm still here whatever and I came here for the Lures anyways.

Myself I have only baited twice this year so its not a big thing and can see that Lure fishing has really got me .

But 2 days ago I had a 45lb Tope, 35Lb Conger and a 4Lb Turbot and 3 red Gurnards so was a bit pleased with myself as the Tope and Turbot and Gurnard's where new species for me. (there I've got it out now :-0 - the mrs had to hear about it all night).

Yesterday I went out with lures and plugs and had 3 schoolies on my first 3 casts , a bump off on my fourth and a follow on my 5th and 6th, then nothing for next 2 hrs - and it was on a par as exciting, if not more than the day before !

If it wasnt my 1st year wedding anniversary this weekend, I would be out with lures most of the weekend, but then I dont think I would see my 2nd :)

Cheers

Dave

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Dave, thanks for the thought. We are and will remain a lure based site, there are so many other regional/national forums out there that are bait related. We will shortly be adding a freshwater catch report section for those that are interested.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is the freshwater catch report section lure only?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Reckon you've forgotten what its like to have smelly fingers Bob!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.