The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First session is from a good few days ago (forgot to post it up) myself and a friend got out to fish what is becoming my favourite mark producing good numbers of fish in the last few sessions Iv had there. We fished a few rock marks earlier that day blanking in perfect conditions :x anyway we headed to the mark that had been fishing well and sure enough my buddy was into a fish on his third or fourth cast,, delighted that he got his new rookie christened... weed was a huge problem and water clarity was bad but we fished on and I was lucky enough to get a fish around the 5lb mark on the maria chase,, happy days as more than likely would have headed home if I was on on my own after I saw the floating weed and the bad water clarity,, happy I didnt!!

The last pic is from a quick session we had tonight I arrived at the mark before my buddy and managed to get a follow from a smallish bass (3lbish) that took the feed shallow turned on the water and buried itself in a bed of kelp... contemplating getting into the water for about 10 minutes I eventually decided it was a bad idea a pulled for the break getting nout back but a bent clip. Managed to lose another fish just after my buddy arrived quickly on and off jobby.... just as it was getting dark we were fishing over some really rough ground covered with kelp beds and huge jaggid bolders, as the plugs were not doing the job I decided to throw on the xlayer first cast over the exact same spots previously covered by the plugs I struck into what I was sure was rock/weed but I got the great feeling of crap rocks dont pull back :-D he came in at around 5lb,, doesnt look it but was a real stocky fish well happy as the tides arent the greatest at the minute,, roll on the weekend and the good tides coming with it....

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Top man James !!! :clap: Well done for delivering the goods in tough conditions !!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nice fish there James, well done, great report and pics :-D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Waterford seems to be kicking corks a** at least when im involved, great fish and post nice one :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies lads,, hopefully there will be more of the same this weekend weather should be a bit interesting thou :shock:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ya iv seen the weather forecast too its wind as hell (presuming hell is windy :() i have one or two spots lined up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts