The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a couple weeks now since ive returned from Greece (down to -15c and 2 weeks of snow!) to find some lovely weather up here in Skye! Ive taken full advantage of this and thankfully the fish have obliged as well! Some solid action with decent coalies around 40cm and pollock in the 50-60cm range. The coalies have given the best fights as most of the pollock are near spawning time (may explain the noticeable lack of the larger females) with full bellies. Fishing with the ML/HRF setup as fish are not as aggressive as in the warmer months, yet they are plentifull (a word that doesnt characterize my previous years fishing in February). Fish very localised in the deepest marks and softplastics the most effective lures. Cheburashka, jighead and carolina rigs on the bottom wth good results. Metals still roductive but worked slowly and jigged on the bottom again.
Photo album here: https://goo.gl/photos/Ljf7GAZiD1ykmzda9
And videos.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Great weather you had, can't believe how still it was. Love the part where you retrieve the seal's leftovers, must have been expecting a beast!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well Dimitrios, I was inspired by your report so took my son out today for a bit of sea cliff climbing and fishing. We both lived to tell the tale but not a nibble here on the Mull of Galloway!
A note to silly daddy, next time take a rope and harness for son as he's got his whole life ahead of him and the fish are not that important!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very nice Dimitrios. Like you I find this time of year great for pollock if you can find the weather window and the clear water. They're fat before spawning and hungry!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent fishing and videos buddy. Thanks for sharing. My rock fishing is over an hours drive away and doesn't start till the end of March.

Also I need to have a trip to Skye one day.
Most of the 'good' marks are about an hour away from me too pal! Though it a definite improvement from when I had to drive almost 2h for a few baby pollock and codling in the sea-lochs...lol Not long to go though...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Dimitrios, I was inspired by your report so took my son out today for a bit of sea cliff climbing and fishing. We both lived to tell the tale but not a nibble here on the Mull of Galloway!
A note to silly daddy, next time take a rope and harness for son as he's got his whole life ahead of him and the fish are not that important!
Thats a tricky climb.. Carefull there pal!
Serious commitment though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts