The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: What a bloody night!!!!!!
1. paid a whopping £6.30 for 4+ hours in the car park,
2. The wind blew my van door shut snapping my tenyru ultimate one (3 weeks old) rod........
3. Rang the wife to bring my bushwhacker... snapped at her because she could not find it......i forgot to mention to her that it was put away in a case!!!! im now eating humble pie :wackit2:
Once myself and Dale started fishing - using a Z-claw rattling- the bass were jumping. I ended up with a bass of approx 1lb. Then moved to second venue, after 15 minutes Dale has a lovely bass on a megabass Zonk 120 at approx 8lb. What a great end to an evening - even thought it turned out to be an expensive one.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
These things happen... Was it a Weymouth and Portland car park? There is a lot of work in Weymouth town centre to complete before the 2012 Olympics and they need the cash. I had a £60 ticket a few years back. The wardens are really on the ball and use unmarked bashed up cheapo cars so you never know when they are coming. It was only 10 minutes over too. It must be a commission thing they run. They reduced it to £30 on appeal when we complained about the dog poo on our sons shoe he had picked up on the filthy pavements near the Nothe.

Actually the Smugglers at Osmington have a 3 hour plus ticket for £10.00 now (unless you park up the road) so £6.50 is a bargain.

Looks like the fishing was ok (well done) even if you smashed a good rod.

Nick.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Shaun - I did the same thing last year with my Quantum. Wind slammed the door shut and shortened it by 4". Sorry to hear about your mishap, but your mate's 8lb is a stunner, and from an "inshore" mark as well!

Reactions: Shaun Austin

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ouch! Such a shame about the rod and a nice one at that. As one who has never broken a rod in his life until this year (two now!) I do sympathise. 8lb fish is a cracker as some consolotation even if it was your mate who got it.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Dale must be falling in love with that mark, Shaun.
Same area as his last good fish.
Gutted for you over the rod, heart breaking sound when the door chops the rod.
Good to see the big girls are starting to show in Weymouth.

Reactions: Shaun Austin

·
Registered
991 Posts
Mate I am absolutely gutted for you!! Id be devastated if I broke my new Injection! Well done on sticking it out!

With regards to the comment about parking tickets etc, for my sins I work for a National Car Park company, and if you get a parking ticket on private land, they have no legal powers to force you to pay it! the only tickets you need to pay are from the council, as these guys have the power to send in the balifs to your house to claim goods to the value etc, private firms don't have that legal right!! If you ignore the ticket, pretend you never received and it should go away, they will make the letters look as official and policed as they can, but they're not!! They'll threaten people with taking them to court, which will never happen as its way to much hassle and expense for the company, and they know that they don't stand a chance of winning! It's part of my job unfortunately and I hate it, but do know all about the fact that private firms can't enforce tickets like the council can, and thats what people don't realise. they rely on people getting scared by their fancy letters and warnings and paying straight away, its basically bullying!! google private parking tickets, or check out the money saving expert online, it can save people a lot of money.... which of coarse can be spent on new shiny japanese plastic instead ;-)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Arnie thats possibly a more useful post than any advice on tactics or fancy gear!!! Top stuff mate thanks!

·
Registered
849 Posts
ouchy

Sounds expensive

For christ sakes people invest in one of these....
http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/tight-line-enterprises-magnetic-rod-guard

Keep it inside the car at all times and make a habit of using it. No more risk of car doors crushing your rod since you dont have to angle it against a wing mirror or anything to prop it up. It also has a fairly powerful magnet so could easily be attached to a piece of string incase you drop anything shiney and metallic in the drink
:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts