The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday afternoon......leave work early.........go home, grab gear.........arrive at local Dorset mark.......conditions good (what wind there was was offshore, good tide flow, clear water, about 2ft swell and no chop, cloudy/sunny spells).......1st cast, thought I saw a swirl near where my lure landed, no takes....2nd cast, 2lb bass on......3rd cast, 1-1/2lb bass on........4th cast, no takes........5th cast 3lb14oz bass on.......and so it continued. After 21 casts I'd landed 10 bass and 1 pollack. Then it went quiet as the tide slowed, the wind swung round to sideshore, chop started to build. Stopped counting casts, but ended up with 16 bass, 4 pollack and 3 gars. what an afternoon! Here's the biggest:-

oh, all were taken on the Komomo 2 in red/orange that I bought from Martin Barnard last week.

If anyone's got a zonk in Aka Kin, i'd like to buy it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well done mate, bumper session!! Try and bring some of that luck with you tomorrow :D

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
wow there's me another blank in cornwall and all the fish were in dorset well done adrian top top session .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fantastic session Adrian, really pleased your getting good use out of the Komomo. I never had much luck with that colour so i stuck with the Asanago Flashing Plate and Bora mullet, two other great colours to what is definitely one of my favorite lures.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Wow - seriously good session Adrian. Not that I'm jealous (much!).

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thats cool ade its just the komono reminds me of the cheaper lure dexter darter which works well in current. I take it youl hang on on to that lure then lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great session - definitely one to remember. Maybe all the Sussex bass are taking their holidays in Dorset :)

I was considering that lure from Martin and you beat me to it!

·
Registered
364 Posts
adrian

I had a morning on the dorset coast yesterday at a couple of places - no bass at all...

Massive swell, very windy and dirty weedy water at a usual spot...

I'm just not having any luck at the mo locally or my next fav spots in dorset. Are you still planning on catching fish this time of yr - even mike ladle's gone quiet...

Richb

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is, to my mind, the best time of year with the best chance of getting a biggie. But the conditions have to be right and I don't bother while they are like they are now except for a couple of marks that keep clear water regardless of the conditions

1 - 20 of 32 Posts