The Lure Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went away for the weekend with the FPO (to stay in the good books while I disappear on this week's Bumble...) but managed to sneak a couple of hours while She was sunbathing.

I couldn't go far from the car park (due to the thumbprint), so I simply fished the patch of boulders slightly to the left. Things never looked promising with the ebbing sea being glass smooth and crystal clear, the bright afternoon sunshine, holidaymakers throwing skimming stones and the total lack of birds anywhere. Pretty much the perfect example of how not to fish!!!

Waded out and didn't see any shrimp or sandeel in any of the rockpools, there was no life whatsoever!

Tried using smaller minnows like the Evergreen Avanger, Megabass 120-X, and various smaller Tide Minnows. Nothing.
Tried bright day/bright lure with chartruese Zonk and Feed Shallow. Zip.
Tried slowly teasing a lure back with plenty of pauses with a Z-Claw, Z-Crank (Lucky Egg) and Giant Dog X. Sweet F.A.
Tried causing a bit of a disturbance on the top with the Patchinko, Mag Popper, Feed Popper and Gunfish. Nada.

Really don't think there was anything there, and pretty much had that confirmed when low tide revealed a net hidden just out from the boulders containing one solitary Coalie. Wouldn't normally have fished this venue, time of day or state of tide but it's always nice to get out. The BBQ on the beach made up for it!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Rob on getting out and I hope your luck will change on this weekend's Bumble !

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
was working around there at easter and dropped the wife and lad off on criccieth beach infront of the cafe several times,and on my return had the usual request to go rock pooling ion the reef. plenty of shrimp and some small crabs each time we had a look !! also a 7 inch dead sandeel in one pool, oh and that net had 7 bass ,2-3lb in it one day as well. ps water temp has hit 11c there now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts