The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is a premature catch report!

Thinking about heading to Criccieth after work tomorrow ( tuesday ) it looks promising the high tide / dusk / moon rise all coincide. just need to find out where is the best spot there..

Looking on google maps there is a stretch of rough ground that runs from the west side of criccieth towards pwllheli with a small river at one end.

Anyone know the area well that could give me a few ideas?

Also if anyone is down that way and is up for a session you are welcome to join me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had a look on magic seaweed and theres a swell of about 1- 2 feet predicted, if it gets too rough will head towards trefor area.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Know the area like the back of my hand.
If you walk to the right of the castle you will see a sewidge pipe,follow it out and at low tide you can pick up bass and makkies etc.
Its still early yet for this part of the world on plugs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blank!

Nice evening, slight swell baitfish scattering from my lures unfortunateley no fish were caught but a few things clicked into place, played about with xlayers rigged on jigheads and carolina rig, and also had a crack with a intermediate bombarda and some shrimp / clouser patterns.

Lost a tide minnow though, hopefully it will be gettable at low tide today (sure they wont miss me at work for an hour or so!!!!!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts