The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Bosherston to meet up with Steve, Simon, Hywel, Luke and Adam. Iestyn was missing in action.
Started to fish the first lake after half hour and fishing three or four pegs I had not seen a fish. Time for a change of lure. Tried a Cormoran surface lure, first cast splash, twitch, twitch lure smashed!

First fish of the day about 6lb is banked and returned after some passing tourists wanted a quick picture of the croc.
Next cast same weed bed and another fish similar stamp. These fish were fighting hard, tail walking, head shaking and giving some great runs.

As I was fishing solo no pics sorry, I wanted to get the fish unhooked and returned with minimum stress.

Same peg, same weed bed. I thought why not lets have another cast or two. Once again cast, splash, twitch, twitch and smash. Big hit felt a better fish with a few good runs, lots of tail walking it gave a good account. I thought this fish was bigger and my estimate is 12lb a Pb Pike for me. Had others through the day estimated at 8lb and this was a much bigger fish. It was the only fish that wanted to keep still when banked. Maybe she wanted her minute of stardom. Glad I was using my heavier set up, I had more control landing the fish when fishing on my own.

Fished on and landed a few more ranging from 4 to 8lb all estimates.

Walked to the second lake and met with Steve and Adam who had also had success I will let them give you some details.

After an update on each other’s day and Steve kindly donating a proven fish catching lure to my collection Thanks Steve, we had a few casts. Once again my surface lure is smashed and a fish estimated at 6lb was banked. Shortly after Adam banks another.

We met Simon, Hywel and Luke who had been into a few fish with Hywel catching his first Pike
Gwyn happened to be having a family day out, when passing, Hywel hooked and lost another fish.
Steve and Adam made their way back while we headed to lake two. I took another fish before Hywel left.

Over the next four hours we banked quite a few fish again in the 4lb to 8lb bracket. Simon and Luke both caught perch on a 5 and 3 gram plug!

They hit some lovely fish on the same surface plug I had found success with.
We finished the day twitching surface lures past a very angry Pike, it followed my lure to the bank before taking it against the bank in weed. It came off but ended a superb day.

As a group we ended up with over 20 fish which is great fishing. I was delighted to get a new Pb. I know others also had some Pb’s I will leave them post their pics.

Great day, great company. I was delighted not to lose any lures.

Lure of the day was a Cormoran dog 98 top water. It took 10 fish for me and a good few for Luke.

Another awesome day at Bosherston.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Brilliant report Marc, the Croc's are great fighters and loads of fun, good to meet up with everyone at the end of our long day. I have done my report but had problems loading the pic's, will sort later :-D

Reactions: Marc Westwood

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nice report Marc. I have some pics & vid footage i think. I'll upload them later.

Cracking day out, although i'm completely cream-crackered today :p.

Had very good fun on the Perch, although i need a lighter set-up for them to make it more sporting.

Had one Croc go for my lure 5 times on 1 retrieve, and miss it !!! WTF !!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
GUTTED :-( my car is like Fatty`s leg! I`m guiding this week aswell so could not have come at a worse time for me!!! And I also have a magazine feature to do!! :-( I`m a bit stressed! Great day though gents, well done to all and looking to see the rest of the reports and pics.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice report Marc. I have some pics & vid footage i think. I'll upload them later.

Cracking day out, although i'm completely cream-crackered today :p.

Had very good fun on the Perch, although i need a lighter set-up for them to make it more sporting.

Had one Croc go for my lure 5 times on 1 retrieve, and miss it !!! WTF !!!!

I forgot about the follows and hits from that one croc. Amazing to watch

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was a cracking little trip, so exciting watching the fish attacking and then ignoring the lures, the anticipation is amazing.

My Lure of the day was a Dead Claw, i was on a hat-trick at one point! As Marc said the fights were excellent with tail walking and runs. How does the video look Si?

Less said about the bass fishing the better today :( Other than I think I want an Injection what a lovely rod

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Top work on the pike, Marc. Sounds like Bosherston is on fire at the minute. Tell me, what were the sea conditions like when you tried for the bass? I assumed they would poor so headed North for a change....

Reactions: Marc Westwood

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not fish with the early morning troop. Simon, Luke and Hywel fished from the early hours. They did say sea state was ok but weed was a pain.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Well Luke & I enjoyed y'day. I caught another Pollock in the early morning session, with my little Japanese lure that worked well on the Pollock out in Ireland also.

On the Crocs, Luke had a cracking day, landing a new pb . . . . . .

. . along with several others, and a couple of Perch.

I think that Hywel enjoyed his day, as he hooked into his first Croc . . .

. . and landed his 2nd on his very next cast . . .

Great to meet up with everyone, and it's fair to say that both Luke & i slept well last night :p.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Excellent Video Si. I really enjoyed the day it sure fought like it was bigger than 6.5lbs!

Dead claw really seemed to work well just twitching it across the surface.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Crikey, Hywel - that Pike didn't know when to quit, did it? Well done, sounds like you had a cracking day. Well done to Luke as well on landing a few. Good to see those front teeth growing in as well Luke :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts