The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a bradia? if so what are they like. Specs look great and have noticed some very cheap offers on ebay and Tackle warehouse. I'm finding it very odd tho that the yanks are offering them very cheap compared to anyone else, is there a reason for this?
My credit card is trembling but just wanted the low down before making the purchase.

Luke

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I've got one Luke. It's brilliant! Really stupid that they sell so cheap there. Japan and elsewhere they're obvioulsy still proper money. They've been on sale in the US for quite a while as well. More than a year at least.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice spot on the Tackle Warehouse Luke.
Anyone any experience of them?
I think it's made up my mind re which reel to go for. Look fantastic for the price.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have one too.
Great reel for the money, I don't regret getting mine at all. :D

what are the other options for that price though? I don't think there are many in the same league to be fair.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Placed my order with Tackle Warehouse this morning, and got a further 20% discount off the $149.99. Shipping Was $36 for priority air.
$155.99 Total !!
I'm quite a big bit excited!
Just got to sit & wait now....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jeremy, dont forget that if they declare full value then you will be levy to VAT when in comes into the UK. You may wanna check with them on this one ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Jez! Even with VAT and possible Parcel Force charges, on £100 you're still only looking at £30 combined. It's a £200 reel in reality.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I seem to have escaped the VAT on mine so far, I did buy on ebay but the seller did declare the full value, so far no charges! Am I being too hopeful? Will the tax man catch up with me eventually? Who knows, all I know is it's a great reel and well worth the money you paid. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Chad, i reckon you should be OK. When i took delivery of some items from China, they stung me on delivery. I had to pay the VAT before they would release it

·
Registered
362 Posts
Arrived this morning, and from my first tentative fiddle in the office, i like!
as mentioned on the Import Duty thread, i had nothing to pay. have checked my CC statement & it worked out @ £110ish
I feel an early friday finish coming on!

·
Registered
849 Posts
One thing that might save you time regarding line lay....

Add one of the extra washers if you want a more level line lay. I wound on the braid on mine before checking the washers and realised it was loading a bit front heavy. Had to hand wind the braid back on the spool and start again, added one of the extra washers, with two of the white washers on it's a lot more level.

The jap manual is useless for me!

1 washer: \__/
2 washers: |__|
3 washers: /__\
etc...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have now parted with cash £109 to be precise including shipping. The deal I found on tacklewarehouse.com sold out before I got it together to buy one myself but I managed to pick one up off ebay from america $122 and $35 shipping so am waiting with anticipation of the delivery.
Just need to get a nice rod to go with it! Have a 15-40gm rod already but want a lighter option anyone got any suggestions? £150 budget?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Chad - Thanks for the washer tip. Done, lovely line lay. Have loaded up with the Accudepth Daiwa tournament 8 30lb braid v v nice!
Luke - Thanks for Tackle Warehouse tip
Ben - thanks for bradia tip in the first place
Overall, love it! Can't wait to get out for first go.
One of the lads I work with has a Japanese girlfriend and she's gonna do a translate on the instructions for me. As soon as I've got them back I'll get them scanned & posted here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts