1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Looks a very nice reel!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Looks promising - bit wary about the magnetic oil / grease ... sounds like a gimmick and could be an issue with self servicers?
Very good point there about the self service issue.
I have just invested in the Branzino but am now a bit confused as to where the Branzino sits in the Daiwa reel marketing line up.
They seem to have put lots and lots into the new Certate.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I would love to think I could carry a small sized reel skishing for LRF.

Reading the promo is one thing, it actually working, another.

Fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm 99% sure I'll be getting one to try it out.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Great link Harold. Thanks for that.

I thinkk I might even be more than 99% sure I will be getting one.....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Weird how Daiwa are one of the best, most forward thinking tackle companies everywhere in the world apart from here! If we didn't require this sort of tackle and spend the time hunting it out, I bet we'd never even hear about it under normal circumstances in the UK.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I have one

I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Defo on my list too.
Are you thinking of stocking them ****, and if so what sort of price will they be ... roughly?

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Hey guys the first I have heard about them was this post by Harold!! I think its the future and the way forward, I will be making enquiries but doubt very much if they will make it to our shores in the next two or three years.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben,
Sadly have to agree, Mike Kennard and I have both spoken to Diawa Reps, About getting more of the japanese gear into the UK. And basically they just don't seemed to be bothered. That is inspite of repeatedly selling out of their lures in the summer-time. It is a shame as Diawa do make some great plugging gear. Rods, reels, lures, lines and even leaders etc.
Have to admit that I am thinking about a decent reel, and the old certate really impressed me. Hard question now, go for the old model that has proved how reliable it is, or go for the shiny new, but as yet unproven model??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ben,
Sadly have to agree, Mike Kennard and I have both spoken to Diawa Reps, About getting more of the japanese gear into the UK. And basically they just don't seemed to be bothered. That is inspite of repeatedly selling out of their lures in the summer-time. It is a shame as Diawa do make some great plugging gear. Rods, reels, lures, lines and even leaders etc.
Have to admit that I am thinking about a decent reel, and the old certate really impressed me. Hard question now, go for the old model that has proved how reliable it is, or go for the shiny new, but as yet unproven model??

I have the "old" one (a 4000) and love it to bits. I'd love the new one too, we'll see, but I won't be giving up the old one in a hurry!

I would expect they've tested the new model thoroughly before making such claims. It's a bit more hi-tech than a brake pedal isn't it!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the "old" one (a 4000) and love it to bits. I'd love the new one too, we'll see, but I won't be giving up the old one in a hurry!

I would expect they've tested the new model thoroughly before making such claims. It's a bit more hi-tech than a brake pedal isn't it!
I agree on this one,

I have a "old" 3500 an like it very much.
Perfect reel.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I wasn't having a go mat the new model, I would bet it is going to be great. The trouble is the current (in europe) model sets such a high standard. I think it might of been Paul B that showed me his Certate at Weymouth, said he had fished with it for a few years-Still in great condition and beautifully smooth. The old Certate has set a very high bar to live up too. If it does, then it is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have had my Certate for six years now, I bought it in Japan before they were avaialble here. It is as good now as the day I bought it. I will get a different sizel to the one I have now and use both.

Like Dave and others have said Daiwa in Japan are world leaders. Daiwa in the UK are blinkered towards match fishing, carp fishing and beachcasting. It is likely that the Daiwa staff have little or no interest or understanding of any other areas of the sport. The sad thing is despite the growth in interest it seems to be passing them by....A shame they are not as forward thinking as Daiwa France.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I also have the old model certate 4000 like paul B, had it two years if i remember we got them days apart,
lovely smooth reels and reliable as well.
I also have the Branzino 3000 and the VS 150 ( bloody tackle tart ) sadley the certate dont get out the box
now except for a clean aand polish :rollineyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts