The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chaps last year i was told to try a certain lure by daiwa,a friend was given this lure which was hammered to say the least, still it nailed plenty of fish even though it had half the body paint missing.the lure is the lazer green shiner...which for value for money is the dogs.do any of you own one of shiners, if so how do you rate it.for what ive seen i think its on parr with the chug bug for cheap lures that take the fish.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Daiwa are about to bring out a new range of plugs (supposed to be "nice" Ive heard)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yeap the Diawa Saltiga minnow 14 (or as it is known in japan the shoreline shiner slim) is a great lure, casts well and bass love it. The Chugger Minnow is another good lure. Also the TD Pencil is a worthy addition to the lure box.
The Shoreline shiner is nice as it runs shallower than the SLD-F, and the chugger runs a bit deeper than the feed shallow. Which allows you to switch between the lures to fine tune the depth your fishing, I like to bump the bottom in shallow water, so both these diawas give me more options depth wise.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Despite owning many boxes of lures my 'go to' lures for most of my bassing locally are either a Saltiga Minnow or Chugger Minnow. Caught many fish on both of them. The only down side is the limited colours and sizes available in the UK. The SM is similar to a Tide Minnow and the CM similar to a Feed Shallow but both considerably cheaper. By similar I don't mean exact copies but in lure style. Worth noting if you fish an area with high tackle losses. In Japan Daiwa do loads of variations of minnow type lures which we never see here and in a much larger range of colours. Another popular lure in Japan is the TD pencil, in various sizes it is used for everything from light rockfish to tuna. But over here it has been dropped by Daiwa UK. Most of the problem appears to be that Daiwa UK are completely clueless to lure fishing needs and trends.

The Saltiga Minnow is similar as Dave says to a Shoreline Shiner Slim which costs a lot more money in Japan than the Saltiga minnow does here so good value for money too. Worth giving them a try.

Darren, Lazer Green Shiner is one of the colours that Daiwa do their lures in so likely not the name of the lure itself. The SM and SM are both available in that colour on a couple of sizes too.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry for late reply guys,its the lazer green shiner saltiga minnow 12.monster do not show the pattern but it is on daiwa website.a crackin lure for the price.cheers daz

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Darren,
Strangely the lure sold here as the Saltiga minnow 12 is sold in Japan as an R-40/R-50 (depends on which set of specs you read for the Saltiga 12cm) It fishes a bit deeper than a the Saltiga 14/Shoreline Shiner 14F-G. Great lure and it does cast very well. Just wish they would bring in a few more colours. Great value for money lure wise.
As Mike said the real stumbling block with diawa lures is diawa uk, they just don't seem to think plugs are worth their attension. This is inspite of many of their lures being sold out through last summer. Fingers crossed that they work out the size of the market, and bring more of the japanese lures to the uk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts