The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst in St Malo this week, i had a wiggle of (& fell in love with) the 'Sea bass Quest Custom - MT B 80ML'. I didnt buy it though, as i assumed that there would be somewhere cheaper to pick it up than there (most prices in there seemed on the high-side), and i wasnt up to speed with the going rate for them.

Anyway, a quick surf this evening has only thrown up 'higher' prices (Veals want over a £100 more than i saw it for in France :shock:).

Has anyone found a decent source for these rods, as i cant seem to track one down :?:

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I'm there in a month, so seriously, give me a shout if you want me to pick it up. Though the temptation to fondle it will be immense.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm there in a month, so seriously, give me a shout if you want me to pick it up. Though the temptation to fondle it will be immense.

Give me a nudge before you go over, as that could be a plan. Your a Gentleman & a Scholar :).

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Like Sam said they are different to the JDM ones being made specifically for the French market. We saw them in Nantes, they are scary light in the hand but still quite powerful. Unlike any other lure rod I have tried before. How much were they?
Dave Irvining put me on to this place in Germany that sells some of the JDM ones http://www.fishingtackle24.de/ Might be useful to compare prices.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Si,
Planning on joining the Dark (Daiwa) Side!!!
Cracking rods, personally I think the Japanese models have an edge over the french version. But they are all SO LIGHT it is scary. But they still pack a lot of power.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I was looking at these a few months ago but decided in the end to stick with the Tenryu range as I know exactly what I am investing in.
They are very very expensive and are they really any better than the Tenryu's ?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw the 8ft version for about 480 Euro's i think. Nearly bought it, but wanted to compare prices first, as everything else in the shop was expensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They are so, so light and very powerful. Having seen a forum member use one in the states on snook and redfish, they are an exceptional piece of kit.
Simon, try giving Veals a call, they maybe willing to look at the price.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the latest feedback on these rods :?: I know that at least 2 or 3 forum members have been using them. How are they performing, what are they good at, how do they measure up :?:

p.s. interested in feedback on any of the models within the range.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Simon

As Jim said do call Veals. Its my experience that they may adjust their price. Also tell them you are a memeber of BASS as this can also help! Its possible to pop in and test rods at Veals if you need to compare different rods to help you decide (you need to call them 1st to arrange this and get directions as its hidden away in darkest south Bristol).

Matt

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Simon

As Jim said do call Veals. Its my experience that they may adjust their price. Also tell them you are a memeber of BASS as this can also help! Its possible to pop in and test rods at Veals if you need to compare different rods to help you decide (you need to call them 1st to arrange this and get directions as its hidden away in darkest south Bristol).

Matt

Back when i first posted this, i did drop them an email (didnt mention im a member of Bass, but did tell him if he could get close enough to the French price i'd be interested). They couldnt get within £100 of the price id seen in France though unfortunately. No idea why.

I'll be back in St Malo tomorrow, so if i get time, i'll be taking a peek to see if they are still the same price.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
They couldnt get within £100 of the price id seen in France though unfortunately. No idea why.

I'll be back in St Malo tomorrow, so if i get time, i'll be taking a peek to see if they are still the same price.
I can believe that tbh. That shop in St Malo... I should have bought the 8 footer when we were there! Cheapest I've ever seen by a country mile :-(

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Si, nice rod by the sounds of it. One question though, for those that may know if you buy a Daiwa branzino rod in europe, do they sell the actual same rod in Japan? I mean, say you buy a branzino rod from a french shop is it a different version than the domestic japanese version? Or are called a different name?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Si, nice rod by the sounds of it. One question though, for those that may know if you buy a Daiwa branzino rod in europe, do they sell the actual same rod in Japan? I mean, say you buy a branzino rod from a french shop is it a different version than the domestic japanese version? Or are called a different name?
The French / European Branzino rods is a very different animal to the Japanese edition. All though the fittings are identical the blanks are not the same at all.

I currently have this one on order in Japan, but it could take another 2-3 months before I receive it as no stock is currently available, and one has to wait until Daiwa manufactures a new batch of rods.

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/...no-96mml-power-game-custom-free-shipping.html

1 - 20 of 44 Posts