Daiwa R50+SSR techniques | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Daiwa R50+SSR techniques

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Sea Trout

Hi all, so I'm limiting my HPs to just a few now. One of these "lucky" few is the Daiwa Shore Line Shiner R50+SSR. This is my armoury. Any suggestions as to the correct technique? I've caught on the 2nd one up but a while ago. (The top 4 are new this week and awaiting hook mods.)

I know there is one proper R50+SSR expert on here, but I can't remember who it is!

Real anglers answers only please!

Thanks

Mike

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Striper

Steady slow straight retrieve, thats all you need. At night rod tip at 45 degrees ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sea Trout

Cheers Dan

4. Sea Trout

Nice collection. Like Daniel says, slow retrieve will do the job. But you can put in a lot of twitches imitating a frightened wounded baitfish. Outstanding lure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Striper

And out of all of the above, one similar to the bottom one has done best for me, followed by the anchovy which is the one you caught on

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sea Trout

I picked to top 4 up for under £10 each DELIVERED from Japan, all as near as damn it new!!!!!

7. Pollock Supporting Member

Real answer? You're hoping!
    Questions....wouldnt you pick up less weed if you put the tail single on the second one up on so it faces up, and
    .... with the odd alignment of the middle hanger, does that mean the single hangs with the point out to the side? Does the plug still run true?

8. Sea Trout

The alignment seems "right" to me. Yes they still run true and don't pick up much weed (if I catch weed it tends to be on the lip or clip)

9. Banned

Same as Daniel, slow and steady seems to bring the fish in, they work well in reasonably rough water as well, love 'em.

I re-shape single hooks 90 degrees to account for odd hook mounting.

10. Pollock Supporting Member

I mean belly hangers usually lie along the line of the lure, where these seem to be at right angles to the line of the lure, which is unusual.

11. Striper

Extra spilt ring ive seen some use because of this, i personally just take the centre treble off as i do with all my lures

12. Pollock Supporting Member

Ah I think I get it............. It aligns the split ring with the long axis of the plug, which may reduce hook movement/hook rash. Also putting the inside of the hook hanger across the plug join may make the plug stronger.

13. Striper

The still get hook rash and the usual half moon scuff along the sides......

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Salmon

Smash them out, reel them in! I cut the points off the middle treble, and replace back treble with a single hook. I'm waiting on a couple of R40SSR+ FG as well, my new rod should muller them out nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Banned

I'm the same as you Mark, R40's are next on the menu for me just for when the fish want something a little smaller. I hope they will cast as well as their big brothers.

16. Pollock

Have a look at the z120 ssr forking cracking lure at night and casts like a bullet !!

17. Sprat

I have been wondering about the Z 140/120 SSr myself differences etc but I have since bookmarked it whilst I wait for an R50 from lunker hunter

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sea Trout

All with moded hooks now. Let battle commence![​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sea Trout

Hi Mike,
    About the technique. There is some footage on you tube named Daiwa X-Cross Morethan Animation (russian or polish) thats about a similar Daiwa lure(Morethan X-Cross SSR) That gives you an idea how to fish these shallow divers. Im an ICTlawyer but I havent got a clue how to put a you tube video here on the forum. Sorry about that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sprat

Nice one the lure action is about 2:41