Daiwa R50+SSR techniques | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Daiwa R50+SSR techniques

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Banned

What is the vertice version?

2. Sprat

I saw this too, interested though I'm not sure what the revisions entail it just said newer!

3. Banned

Vertex is a point where two or more straight edges meet, vertice is the plural
    That don't help much lol

4. Sprat

I went for it got myself the z120 ssr in Ayu and am waiting for the R50 to wing it from japan! hope they work over sussex reefs this season! thanks for headsup

5. A

Never had a dawa lure but the ones you have pictured look a lot like the duo terrif dc12, same bib...maybe slightly deeper body on the daiwa, anybody used both? I always feel like I have an opportunity in my lure box when certain lures keep popping up in posts.

6. Salmon

I have both and infinitely prefer the Daiwa to the Duo. I don't like the DC12 much at all, I've caught a number of times shortly after switching from it, which has put me off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sea Trout

In my opinion the Duo Terriff DC-12 outfishes the Maxrap

8. Sea Trout

Sorry wrong thread

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. A

Where they similar patterns Mark? Makes a difference sometimes in my opinion, I have had a few fish on the dc 9 & 12, but would the daiwa give me more fish? are the actions similar/the same?

10. Salmon

I think the action is more pronounced on the Daiwa, the Duo more subtle. They both cast well, IMO the Daiwa a little better. I only use generally natural hues, so patterns are largely irrelevant when I'm fishing plugs one after the other.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Striper

Dc12s if fished right are superb, they handel close in swell way better than the r50ssr. Their actions subtler and supposed to sink but.never seen one sink.
    R50s work better wen the surfs moving the lures around so they kind of flutter about. Have cranked em in and had bass chase it almost into the rock.

12. Perch

Probably sink slowly in fresh water

• Agree Agree x 1