The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever sent off a daiwa reel to be serviced? If so where? I have an american bought Bradia 3000 and theres something going on in the engine. Theres a tight spot on the crank of the handle and it is not running freely. The problem is in the main gearing of the reel and not sure about pulling it completely apart. I can see (with the back plate off) a rubber o ring that seems to be rubbing against the inside body of the reel. Instructions are in japanese and it does not show how to take the reel apart, just dont want to bugger it up by my own hand!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I've ordered parts from Daiwa scotland, and have no problems. I'd be keen to hear if they do servicing like Felindre, for Certates etc. It will probably determine my next purchase actually.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I know everybody has different views and experiences etc but I have found that Felindre place totally a waist of time and a very surly attitude.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I know everybody has different views and experiences etc but I have found that Felindre place totally a waist of time and a very surly attitude.

They are wonderful Welsh people Nick. You just must have caught them the morning after the Welsh team lost at rugby ;).

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Another option if you need it is to contact Quentin Millman at QM Reel Repairs

http://www.fishingreelrepairs.co.uk/about_us.htm

He's based in Plymouth Luke, so not a million miles from you. Cost wise, I've always found him very reasonable. He's done work for me in the past & has got a reel of mine at the moment. He is busy so it's worth checking how long it will take him to return your reel.

I said to him that I'd heard that a few people were not happy with Felindre. He apparently deals with them regularly ordering spare parts off them. His opinion was that they were not too good with the general public but were better if you needed something specific off them & knew exactly what you wanted

Cheers

Toby

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I love Wales and spend many weeks a year there and have done since I was a young boy.
Lleyn Peninsula is my favourate place in the world........
Still dont like that Felindre place though:).
Maybee there is somewhere else we can send stuff ?

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I said to him that I'd heard that a few people were not happy with Felindre. He apparently deals with them regularly ordering spare parts off them. His opinion was that they were not too good with the general public but were better if you needed something specific off them & knew exactly what you wanted
I work just a few miles from there, and have tended just to pop over when i've needed something (i've also fished there at the Trout lake). The lads there are sound. They are basically 'geeks' working in a log cabin in the woods. I've always had a warm welcome from them though, and found them to be tip-top.They are extremely helpful on email too, which is probably a better way to contact them tbh.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Luke-I have 2 daiwa megaforce baitcasting reels-serviced by daiwa sports in Scotland-brilliant service.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone ever sent off a daiwa reel to be serviced? If so where? I have an american bought Bradia 3000 and theres something going on in the engine. Theres a tight spot on the crank of the handle and it is not running freely. The problem is in the main gearing of the reel and not sure about pulling it completely apart. I can see (with the back plate off) a rubber o ring that seems to be rubbing against the inside body of the reel. Instructions are in japanese and it does not show how to take the reel apart, just dont want to bugger it up by my own hand!!
Good luck - they won't even look at non-UK models, even if all you want is a strip and clean... Bar Stewards :evil:
Vidar put me on to someone but haven't used him yet so I'll let him post the name...

·
Banned
792 Posts
Felindre wont even answer e-mails, miserable b#ggers
my E-mail was answered within 4hours! And I got a spare part they did not have in stock from one of their own Rareniums for really small money and shipped to germany for free! What a service! I would like to say thank you again.

Cheers
Thomas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts