The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of the Saltiga size of these 14cm/30gms and a couple of smaller TD ones 11cm/14gm but cannot find anywhere that has any of the 11cm or the 12.5cm in stock. In Japan they seem to be so popular they sell out very quickly. In Europe I think they are not very popular so nobody stocks them. Looking at the ones they had on the Daiwa stand in Nantes they looked like they are worth a go.
Anybody know where I can get any 11cm or 12.5cm sizes? (not looking for too frightening colours mind!!) Anybody else use them?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yeah - I was gonna suggest Monster Tackle too. Are they the ones you mean, Mike? I have one (unsure on size) but haven't given it the time it deserves. Very subtle and works in the surface film. I've had a pollack off the top with it but that is all. To be fair I need to give it a better chance. If we ever get any suitable conditions then I will give it a better try as it looks good. Tunny likes these I think Mike - pick his brians too....

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
How long did you spend looking Mike? between us we've probably already about 500 of the blimmin things. And all in super obvious places. Teehee

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I didn't look far this time!!!! I had been searching on the Japanese sites and they are all sold out. Monster only do two colours and they are sold out too. The laser sardine version looks stunning, was looking at them in Nantes.
Will try the other sites, trouble is some of them are advertising but they don't actually have them in stock. Will check tomorrow.
Cheers chaps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What are these pencil lures all about then, when are they best used??
ive used them on the boat in around 10ft to 15ft around boot lace beds bass and pollack like em oh and long nose off the shore i find its pretty much the same
i like to find thick weed and try to fish the clear spots around it they also work well on hi springs when the fish come in to feed on maggots as there are always smaller fish eating the maggots so the lure really looks like a smelt going nuts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts