The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Would like to know if any of you guys are using this and if so what do you think.
Just got myself a couple of spools of the 0.16 30lb.
It's insanely thin, has a lovely round profile and sits on the spool beautifully but it doesn't seem to be all good. :-?
We have tested the 30lb without a knot breaking at 16 (dry) closer to twelve with a knot.
It seems very fragile when tying knots and very easily damaged, if the braid is pinched when tying the knot it breaks like cotton!
Also I am having a problem with the last few metres of the braid twisting, not twisting in the normal sense but spinning into a helical strand down the line, not actually twisted in the usual sense associated with problems with bail rollers etc. (it is even doing this a multiplier i have a spool on.)
It doesn't actually want to twist up into a tangle and there is no stored energy in the twist. If you untwist it it will twist back - very strange!
I have spoken to a couple more people who have tried it and it seems it's not just me having these problems.
I know a few people who have binned it already.
Just looking for a few more opinions on it..
Haven't had a fair chance to give it a proper work out yet so will stick with it and see how it goes anyway but would be great to know if anyone else is using it and if so what do you think??
Cheers

Isidore.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Interesting.

I've been using it since the middle or March without any real problems. I have the 15lb, 20lb and 35lb. Its successfully dragged me out of snags a fair few times (even the 15lb) and has fished very, very well. Zero in the way of wind knots etc. My knots have all held strong and to fish with its been pretty flawless really.

One thing I have noticed though is that you do need to be careful if you put a hook through a rod ring for transport/storage as the strands do seem to seperate quite easily near a hook point. Quite a few times I've managed to to catch just a single strand, which can obviously caused problems. Going to get some Fuji style hook clips to sort that though.

Very good overall. I like it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats interesting, glad to hear it's working well as it does seem very good.
Confidence is starting to grow now after a few sessions out with it.
Just realised you can see the twist quite well in this photo..

Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this, only using plugs and sps uni to uni to 30lb flouro, no wedges etc that would twist the line, only seems to be the last 3 yards or so...
Thanks in advance.
Isidore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check the roller bearing on your bail arm line roller.I have friends that change the bearing with hi end miniature bearing.The bearing seem to get rusty easily since the position of it and always in contact with the line.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That is weird isidore. Can see what you mean! Like Joe says, roller bearing maybe?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have checked the bearing but it seems like it working perfectly. Maybe it is that but i'm not sure, when I have had problems with bearings before it seems to twist the line so it wants to untwist and tangle, if i leave this line limp it stays twisted and lies perfectly straight and doesn't want to tangle.. if i un spin it it wants to spin back, very strange, never encountered it before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.