The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi

Begin this year I bought a new Certate wich was the first Daiwa Spinning reel with the new Mag Shield feature. Next one will be the Saltiga wich will be replaced by Daiwa.
The Mag shield is a new feature wich makes the Reel complete waterproof.
Found a movie wich in Japanese. Bith difficult buth the movie shows more then you need. The rotor is waterproof by a filling of a magnetic oil.

Very nice feature and love to see that they are busy with the sw problems on spinning reels! Beautifull reel and enjoy the movie.

Greets

Bram

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
My new Certate has the Mag Shield, but to be honest, i didnt realise that this was a 'water-proofing' feature !!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wish I new this new sealed certate was coming out this year! The branzino I purchased earlier this year took a plunge on Monday when I was fishing over a sea wall. A malicious wasp stung me in the hand causing me to drop rod and reel in the drink. I wasted no time in jumping over to save the set-up. I then stripped it down when I returned home to find lots of salt, grit, and one of the integral bearings jammed. It is now at Daiwa services and I am awaiting a phone call to report the damage.....should have been 45mins ago! Now expecting the worse.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Wish I new this new sealed certate was coming out this year! The branzino I purchased earlier this year took a plunge on Monday when I was fishing over a sea wall. A malicious wasp stung me in the hand causing me to drop rod and reel in the drink. I wasted no time in jumping over to save the set-up. I then stripped it down when I returned home to find lots of salt, grit, and one of the integral bearings jammed. It is now at Daiwa services and I am awaiting a phone call to report the damage.....should have been 45mins ago! Now expecting the worse.
Is that Daiwa in Scotland?

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time Ben.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Bram, thanks for the video, the saltiga is certainly a brute and evolution always finds a way.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I absolutely adore my two magsealed Certate 3000 reels :wackit::wackit::jump::jump:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts