The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which lures do you guys use in darker conditions and in which colour/ pattern?? All mine are quite bright at the moment and looking at getting a couple for overcast and darkness.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Recently been trying to fill the same gap in my collection so for a very shallow diver fished around the South West i got A Komomo 2 #014 Joker Flashing Plate. First time out with it in low light i had a few good sized Pollack and later the next day a couple of big hits from Bass. One did spring the hook though but i've real confidence in it.

·
1,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now thats what I'm talking about! You tried anything that dark??

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have a black Maria Angel Kiss, and a black Rapala X-Rap, but I haven't really done very well on them. I have tried them mainly in fading light conditions.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Loving that proper black SLD, I modified (permenant marker pen) a SLD to shiny black last year. I have had a few bass on it, worked SLOWLY at night. Had quite a few on a black 120 X Cross as well just retrieved fast enough to wake it-Keep a good hold on the rod, my night takes have been brutal.
For overcast/cloudy day time fishing, there is a mat silvery colour available in the Duo DC12 which works well for me in cloudy weather. I can't remember the name of the colour though-sorry.

Reactions: Matt Newcombe
1 - 11 of 11 Posts