The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm going to be down around Dartmouth on Monday working and would like to take the opportunity to do a bit of fishing whilst I'm down there.

I've been having a quick look on google earth and I'm thinking I'm going to give it a try somwhere between Redlap Cove and Compass cove, and I'll be parking in the little National Trust carpark at Redlap. It's going to be a low-water session. The google earth pictures were obviously taken at high water, so I've no idea what the groud is like here.

I've never fished this area before, so I'm just following my nose to a certain degree.

If anyone has any words of wisdom to offer me here, or would like to meet up for a session, I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Simon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Although I was really just thinking of a couple of hours from the shore, if that's possible. I don't really have the finances to be hiring boats.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Simon, if you only have a couple of hours to spare you won't go far wrong with Compass Cove or any were in that area, my advice would be to keep away from the Castle (chicken chuckers) and go and find yourself a quite spot, as your walking to Compass you will pass Blackstone Point, at certain states of the tide there is a good rip here.
As for lures....soft plastics fished on a jig head point up and bounced through the kelp will always catch ( I use the Xlayer Ayu to good effect) surface or shallow divers aswell or if your like my lad a Toby, he catches as many fish as I do!!

Have a great time.....

Regards
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts