The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Arrived at a local estuary mark at 5am to find a Fox strolling along on at his leisure, the lads had eleven fish the day before on the Feed Shallow, so Itried the Sandeel colour, 1 Hr later not even a follow. Considering the lads had great fishing in blasing sunshine this was not adding up. As the Sun came up and the estuary was mirror calm, it was not looking good. I noticed some seed mullet shoaling not too far out their white stomachs flashing in the sun. Match the hatch me thinks. I switched to the SP Set up, on went a 4 inch Delande Shad that the French call nacre, the flash from this colour closely matches that of the juvenile mullet. First cast bang, Bass on. Over the next hour four more Bass followed. They were caught in about three ft of water ,they gave a great account of themselves on the 6lb braid. Best fish went 3.5lb not big but very welcome. Last few casts switched back to the Feed Shallow and managed to nail a nice Bass. Had to call it quits at 8am due to family engagement. Only covered first two hours of the tide, I reckon the figure of six Bass would easily have been doubled if I fished on. What I cannot understand is how in very clear water and blasing
sunshine the bass were not afraid to feed.

190577.jpg[/IMG]

Bob

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Bob! Funny sometimes how they just totally break 'the rules'.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks lads, just uploaded a few photos, this re-sizing takes a bit of practice, apologies
Bob:-D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Amazing water clarity Bob. Well done for making the switch to a soft lure and nailing a few!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts