The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weather over the last few days has made fishing conditions tough to say the least, Gale force SE and Northeast winds has coloured the water and clogged the shoreline with weed. Still being a glutton for punishment I hit an exposed rock mark at 0515am. The moon was still up and as I approached the mark I could see a fairly lumpy sea more associated with winter. Put on the Daiwa Shoreliner and on my third cast, the rod doubled over, the fish shot back out to sea;I knew it was a good fish, the fish fought well for another five or so minutes but eventually got the old girl in. She went over 8lb on the Boga, which is a personal best so far this year. She went back fine. The waves were getting a bit nasty so I bade farewell to this mark for safety reasons;(two anglers have lost their lives in West Cork in the last week). There was more to be had...
I moved to an estuary mark where the conditions were flat calm and sunny:mrgreen::mrgreen:I tried the SPs, a mother worm on a illex lightening head, after a few casts I hooked a nice fish which gave a nice account of himself on the 7ft shukan and 8lb braid. The fish weighed 4lb. Camera batteries went dead so no photo of this fish. Overall it was a real bonus to get a nice fish considering the conditions, goes to show your always in with a shout:wink:The Daiwa Shoreliner is certainly doing the business down this neck of the woods. Happy days Bob

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the weather behaves itself up to Oct it could be a very interesting Autumn;-)
regards
Bob

·
Registered
884 Posts
Must be nice to be so handy to some bass fishing:cool: nice fishing..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations Bob cracking fish, very inspiring, I love those early morning sessions thats what fishings all about. I am definitely planning to fish as long as possible this year.
Grant.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Happy Days, indeed Bob! I'd settle for a two fish session like that. Nice work...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts