Votes: 15 55.6%
  • NIGHT

Votes: 12 44.4%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really keen to see what comes out on top on this poll.

So what do you prefer and find most productive. Fishing for BASS in the day or night?

Thanks

Ritchie

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I prefer daylight to be honest, angling is such a great opportunity to enjoy the beauty of nature (Wheelbarrow Rock excluded) its a shame not to be able to see beyond your rod tip at most marks.

But I fish in darkness quite often just to keep the mark to myself.

So many new lure anglers with far too much spare time about the place, eh Ritchie?!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Daytime for me, never had much success after dark. I like to take in the views and see the sights around me, plus a dodgy leg saps my confidence anyway.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
When bait fishing, i always prefer to fish during the night.

However 'all' of my better fish have come at day. I would say that at least my top 5 Bass have come during the day (albeit some of those were just before darkness, or just after sunrise).

So, on the basis of success / experience to date, i would say that i've had very good numbers at night, but my better fish during the day

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Day so far, although as Si says, always bait fished at night - Also had my better fish during light hours.

Will make more of an effort for night lure stuff next year though.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ditto what Paul said. Have probably caught more fish after dark this year, but I just like being able to see the world to be honest.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Night and dawn for me, more and better fish - But quite happy to fish during the day in high summer as well

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm really keen to see what comes out on top on this poll.

So what do you prefer and find most productive. Fishing for BASS in the day or night?

Thanks

Ritchie
Thats two different questions and therefore tricky to answer, however I do more daylight fishing, find the transition between the 2 most productive but do quite well if I fish on into the night.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Sorry, the question is which is more productive. Therefore in the limited night fishing I have done this year, night, by far.

If we're talking about comfort and not productivity, then yes, day time.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its very close so far. I agree with Paul and Ben. However I feel much more confident catching bass at night and for that reason, I said night.

Keep voting as its very close!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Until this year I'd have said that night time is best, by at least a factor of 5:1. But this year I've bought and used more conventional (heavier) gear and used it in the daytime and done quite well. What I very quickly learnt was that the bass seem to be in different places in the day than they are at night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts