The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Keith,
Give Ben or **** a ring. Either of them might have one-even if it doesn't appear on their website. Worth a try

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hi Keith,
I too want one, but are you going to bid on the ebay one? if you are I dont want to bump the price up for you so I will not bid for it - let me know if you are not going to because then I will try bidding for it.
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bloody hell, these things are popular, i had 12 at 9am this morning it is now 10am and they have all gone, news travels fast on here lol, why do people like these so much ??? have many people caught well on these ?? lets us know your experiences with them please. Cheers

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Bloody hell, these things are popular, i had 12 at 9am this morning it is now 10am and they have all gone, news travels fast on here lol, why do people like these so much ??? have many people caught well on these ?? lets us know your experiences with them please. Cheers
No idea I just want one because it looks so cool. But I bet it is awesome at night if my black feedpopper is anything to go by.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dave, I have caught a few bass on them (but not on the dead claw)... umm about 40 is a few isn't it?
infact I just caught this on a z-claw 2hrs ago

nothing big but it beats a blank

·
Registered
346 Posts
Blimey Peter, if you are doing that well on them i think i better give one a try myself

:-D
Like most lures it works best under certain conditions, take me away from my local spot and move me 1 mile down the coast line and watch me blank for eternity,
I just got lucky knowing what works well for me in my giving fishing spot.
The oddest thing is, I don't even work the z-claw, it never moves more than a few inches when I use it, i never walk the dog or drag it, the only time I splash it is to remove weed.

once it's been launched I see it's head pointing up into the sky, i then give it a tiny twitch so it's head 'bobs' then let it return to the upright position.

How I do It:

Cast, wait 10 seconds, twitch, wait 1 second, twitch, wait 3 seconds, then repeat twitch cycle untill you get bored or till you catch something.
if after 10 minutes you don't have any bites recast somewhere else.

There you go, you now have all my fishing info on how I use z-claws.
p.s brown z-claw works the best for me and if you have a dead claw ... leave it at home in the display case. :wink:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Peter is that under still conditions? ie flat calm
Dave, pretty flat conditions, although the tide is still running in, but with zero waves.
my best time to catch is when the tide is almost full, about the last 45 minutes seems to give me the best results.

p.s caught another bass today on a z-claw then managed to pick up 5lb of weed when reeling in and that seemed to help the bass off the hook, just left me with a pile of side salad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts