The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to jump on the lightweight bandwagon but the old 8'6" Whacker was struggling with 5g jigs and teeny SPs this week so I'm in the market for a lighter rod. I found another Bushwhacker (I like them!) at http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/tackles...8858/cl1/savage_gear_bushwacker_xlnt_pike_rod

The 3rd option down, 3-18g would be bob-on I reckons but they're out of stock, Anyone with any experience of these rods? They're the new model I believe so I'm not expecting too much feedback...

Keith keeps mentioning the Comorant ULS but that's in Japan and I'd prefer to buy Brit if poss. (even if they're not British made.

Cheers.

nearly forgot. don't want to spend over £70ish...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Cormoran is available in UK m8.

ULF or ULX are both fantastic for less than £80 ish

Both give great 'feel' and that, in my opinion is a very important factor.

http://www.daiwa-cormoran.info/co/e...,1,66,63,1,10__products-model.htm?ovs_fish=21

http://www.daiwa-cormoran.info/co/e...65,63,1,1__products-model.htm?ovs_search0=ulx

Speak to Mrfish cause his prices on these are very realistic.

I've ordered a 7ft version on the ULX too.

Seriously, I baulked at Cormoran before but, sort through the ordinary and there are a number of gems.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tim,

I am using a Cormoram ULF 3 -- 15g, 2.4metres long, it retails for £79.95 in Jersey --- its a great rod for the money.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim,

I am using a Cormoram ULF 3 -- 15g, 2.4metres long, it retails for £79.95 in Jersey --- its a great rod for the money.
Ahhhhhhh... didn't realise they were over in Blighty. Overbudget though.... Hmmm....
:rollineyes::rollineyes::rollineyes:

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
They look fantastic.
Dont know how I missed them...............have many light rods 'but' theres always room for more.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
They look fantastic.
Dont know how I missed them...............have many light rods 'but' theres always room for more.
Nick! Where is your self discipline?!?!?

Not to mention light rods take up less room so you can have even more of them before 'the one that thinks she must be obeyed' notices......

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Nick! Where is your self discipline?!?!?

Not to mention light rods take up less room so you can have even more of them before 'the one that thinks she must be obeyed' notices......
Yes mate,I even have my gear sent to a different address to avoid any' problems' etc.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't see that early post by Nigel, but I looked into it and they must have sold them all, I missed the boat. The Comoran's just a bit heavy on the wonga...

Probably.... ;-)

Doh!!!

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Never mind Tim, you will have to take me out on your boat & I will let you watch the beautiful bend that goes in my new firefly rod with a 4lb callig on it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts