The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out to try a few wrecks yesterday using various soft plastics and p-boy vertical jigs.we had plenty of fish pollack coalfish and whiting in 200ft of water.but what made my day was hundreds of porpoises/dolphins followed us everywhere we went.now i have seen them in the past but not in these numbers and they stuck around for hours.when we would stop they would head off and as soon as we would move again they came back.they seemed very interested in the transducer coming right up to it and touching it.heres a clip of them.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's interesting, how fast were you working the jigs? I tried it and found you had to slow it up a lot with more emphasis on the flutter...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's interesting, how fast were you working the jigs? I tried it and found you had to slow it up a lot with more emphasis on the flutter...
david 9 out of 10 times i was getting hit on the way down in the last 10m and when i hit bottom as soon as i starting relling i was getting hit within a couple of winds.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice one Pat. Vertical fishing is one of my favourites. It works in 30ft of water too!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
When I bought my first decent sounder the salesman warned me that I would spend a long time looking at it during the first year, and he was right. It is time well spent though.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
yes paul lowrance hds 10 brilliant piece of kit.
I have been trying to justify getting one of these myself Pat ......... can you keep us updated on your thoughts please?

Did you go for the Structure Scan as well?

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
nick im hoping to get the structure scan soon i will keep you posted.
Ah good man ... look forward to that very much!! I am particularly interested in seeing how the structure scan performs in deeper water drifting wrecks etc.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I bought my first decent sounder the salesman warned me that I would spend a long time looking at it during the first year, and he was right. It is time well spent though.
same here paul there is so many features on it.im waiting on cables for it that i can use it at home over the winter.so for next season i should know it well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts