The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any joy with these? I bought one to try out a week or so ago. Played with it yesterday at Hope's Nose, Torquay in deep, clear water and loved its action. Had several knocks when I sent it sailing further out, but no takers - yet.
Any tips on technique when I next take it out of my lure box?

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have caught fish on the one with the metal vane at the front. Mainly off the boat into deeper water, fishing it low and slow, but also quickly retrieving it up and then letting it free fall all the way back down to sit on the bottom. I like the 'reverse' shaped bib that makes it plane upwards on the retrieve instead of dive. I believe Senor Griffin and/or his son like the unrigged version also, so maybe he'll chip in as well.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have caught fish on the one with the metal vane at the front. Mainly off the boat into deeper water, fishing it low and slow, but also quickly retrieving it up and then letting it free fall all the way back down to sit on the bottom. I like the 'reverse' shaped bib that makes it plane upwards on the retrieve instead of dive. I believe Senor Griffin and/or his son like the unrigged version also, so maybe he'll chip in as well.
That,s the method I found the most productive with them the other week, but make sure you bring some extra eel bodies with you as the schoolies tore my eel to shreds after a few casts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts