The Lure Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a call from an old guiding customer who may be popping over later this year to meet up again for a bit of a fish and some chat.

He mentioned that he and others have been using Devon Minnows very effectively for bass on the shingle beaches etc in the UK.

I remember owning some of these in ancient past but not looked at the for years.

They appear to be pretty cheap.

Seem to be a salmon lure by design but we have adapted everything else lately. Anyone use them and is this another excuse to spend money and have a play??

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have tried them years ago but I don't remember catching on them. I do remember them causing line twist if not fished correctly. An anti kink vane seemed to be the answer, and ball bearing swivels.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just had a call from an old guiding customer who may be popping over later this year to meet up again for a bit of a fish and some chat.

He mentioned that he and others have been using Devon Minnows very effectively for bass on the shingle beaches etc in the UK.

I remember owning some of these in ancient past but not looked at the for years.

They appear to be pretty cheap.

Seem to be a salmon lure by design but we have adapted everything else lately. Anyone use them and is this another excuse to spend money and have a play??
I used them years ago for pike with some success, if that helps.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have tried them years ago but I don't remember catching on them. I do remember them causing line twist if not fished correctly. An anti kink vane seemed to be the answer, and ball bearing swivels.
there are "reverse" devon minnows to fix line twist (just occasionally clip one on that turns in the opposite direction ;) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts