The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi, Yes I have one, there are a few others on here that have them too.

Lovely little reel, I'm really happy with mine. Won mine on ebay for £95, with postage it cost me a total of £124. I didn't get stung for VAT or any import fees either :)
There are other places you can pick them up for around £150 or less from the states.

For that price...well worth the money!

NO SPARE SPOOL, at least I didn't get one anyway but if you are going to load it up with braid does it really matter? I have spare spools for my other reels but they just sit on the shelf 90% of the time. Better to match the reel to what you're doing rather than just change a spool and a 2500R or 3000 size bradia with 20lb braid will cover you for all but LRF stuff in this country anyway.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, I've got one too. Brilliant reels so far. Like Chad says though, no spare spool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If Spare-Spools are needed for the Bradia you can look for other spool from real four Daiwas. For Example the Caldia and Caldia X spools fit the same size Bradia. Guess you will get them via Daiwa UK for a reasonable price (compared to the jap. Prices for RCS spools). For my Bradia 2506 I got one used from a caldia for around 15,-Eur. If the "Caldia" Lettering on the spool puts you off on a Bradia (like me ) I polished the spool with 1000er wet paper and polishing it after that with Dialux paste or something similar (ask in a jewelery shop -this guys have the best polishes for such things)

If you bought your Bradia invest a further 4.00 GBP or so for two bearings (ask in a RC Model Racer's Shop - quite cheap and top quality - mine are Abec 5s)
One bearing size 4x7x2.5mm for the handle- in the bradia is only a plastic bushing - the handle knob will take one bearing this size instead - Certate has two but one in the original Bradia handle is much better than nothing,

Second Bearing should be size 7x11x3mm - you should install it on the main Shaft- direct under the spool. Originally there is a small alu spacer instead- needs 1,5 minutes of easy work to change but the drag on fight will benefit a lot with the support of this bearing.

Ready to serve - a low cost nearly Certate - love my Bradia

For those who ask for Line capacity on the 2506 Spool - it takes 10 meter 0.30mmm mono backing and further 135m 10lb Sufix Performance Braid (even more if you choose one of the hi-tec 8 string braids like the 20lb daiwa tournament braid for example)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts