The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a look at this braid, and it specs look pretty impressive.
According to the published figures the 30lb Diawa braid is the same diameter as 1PE braid
1PE is 0.165mm, and the figure quoted for 30lb tournament is 0.16mm.
So a couple of questions, firstly how does it cast and behave??
And can we really believe the quoted diameter??
Opinions??

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Bought some in Nantes in February 2009. Used the 30lb on a Twinpower 6000 off a boat last August and took a good bass (9.10) at range with a large Sidewinder. Also used the same in Norway on Coalfish to 30lb, again casting a large Prologic Sandeel. Still looks as good as new, so yes I'd say you can believe the hype Dave!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alex,
so how thin does it look to you??
I have been looking at quoted braid diameters-and boy oh boy there are some porky pies being told by some of the fishing companies.
15lb fireline is quoted as 0.12mm which is about 0.6PE-utter rubbish, I used that stuff, and it is like a mooring rope compared to the 1.5PE Varivas stuff I have now.

Great to hear it is behaving for you Alex, I might be tempted to try some in 20 or 30lb. For the price the 300 yards spool is a steal

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant news Paul,
Thinking of using it as a 300 yard topshot on my cheap 3500 diawa for small to medium tuna/tropicals.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Got my 20lb spool this week. Got it ear-marked for something special that's on the way ;).

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Si,
have you been hammering the plastic AGAIN. Should I get ready to welcome you to the dark (Diawa) side!!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I don't think you'll be disappointed Dave.

PS I'll be taking it to the Weymouth comp if you are going. I hope a lot of us will be there.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Paul, looked almost too good to be true-and twice the price in france.
Great to get postive feedback from both yourself and Alex.
Has to be worth a try.

·
1,866 Posts
I was having a look at this braid, and it specs look pretty impressive.
According to the published figures the 30lb Diawa braid is the same diameter as 1PE braid
1PE is 0.165mm, and the figure quoted for 30lb tournament is 0.16mm.
So a couple of questions, firstly how does it cast and behave??
And can we really believe the quoted diameter??
Opinions??
Hi Dave

There was another thread here http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=3877 on the same subject. Plus another one here: http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=4168

Regards

·
Registered
849 Posts
I need to get some of this stuff too, anyone know where is the best place to get it?

I've seen it online at leslies of luton and gerry's but not anywhere else!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I need to get some of this stuff too, anyone know where is the best place to get it?

Got mine from ****. Ordered Tue, arrived Wed. Sorted :D.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Try Veals 4 Carp, Bristol. Not the same as Veals, and the website only shows the old stuff, but when i called them, they had the new 8 strand and did a good deal on it.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
If the post office co-operates I should have some 20lb arrive VERY soon so you are more than welcome to pop around and have a look..... but no touching.

·
1,866 Posts

Accu-depth & green 20lb & 30lb Daiwa Tournament 8 Braid available at Reels & Deals Weymouth.

Regards

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Got hold of some 30lb last week,fished all weekend with it & it felt superb.Casts like a dream, seemed to improve my distance into a head wind, will have to make a few more comparisons to be sure. No wind knots in about 9 hours of casting, no roughing up & i pulled a wrasse out by hand after it got stuck in heavy weed.**** has it in stock for 29.99 for 300 yards, hinted he might do a deal for 2 or more spools.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts