The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been reading up on the Red luck tactical as had not heard of it and see how many other red rods there are??!!

Is it just because we are in the Uk it takes longer for these things to become known and hence ordered etc?

The tactical looks great, as does the red Luck total Precision (might be total accuracy based on translations from french), the Red Volution claims to be designed to fish Xlayers and is 5-20g (plus others in the red volution range linky). Now that would be a real option for me despite my love for the Daiwa Infeet

Are there any other great rods we are missing out on as they simply can't all come at once?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Just been reading up on the Red luck tactical as had not heard of it and see how many other red rods there are??!!

Is it just because we are in the Uk it takes longer for these things to become known and hence ordered etc?

The tactical looks great, as does the red Luck total Precision (might be total accuracy based on translations from french), the Red Volution claims to be designed to fish Xlayers and is 5-20g (plus others in the red volution range linky). Now that would be a real option for me despite my love for the Daiwa Infeet

Are there any other great rods we are missing out on as they simply can't all come at once?
Andy, have you seen the Flatfish range from Nories or the Rockfish somethingorother...Ben Field has a super rod, 5-21g I think, with a solid tip too :)

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
They have over 50 rods in the red rod range, I am going to study them all in Nantes this year Andy. Normally I am running around like a fat kid in a sweet shop when I am there but 2011 i need to check out the rods that in the past we have thought were too light. The french are 10-20 years ahead of us here so best i check out what they have been getting up to eh :)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I've been looking for a rod which is a little lighter than my RLSD but prerferably of similar length ( i have a fixation on casting distance). cant see anything suitable in the Tenryu range.

I wonder if the tactical would make a good canal pike rod too?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's gonna get pricey this fishing mallarkey now isn't it!! I need to pay off some credit cards first though. Sure I have said that before...

·
Registered
326 Posts
An Injection is what you want Andy, the infeet would be in the for sale section soon after you bought one :D lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
I read a thing the other day about "red rods". I think it was in the "pros hints and tips" section in Veals (online). Anyway, the guy was ging on abouthis choice of 3 rods he could have had which included one of the Tenryus. The Ultimate Red One. This one he didnt like before he had even picked it up. His own words decscribed it as something along the lines of "looks like it was made to be sold in Argos". Whats more, without even reading what he said, you can see he really disliked the thing, purely by the amounf of "bad points" (in his opinion).....

Found it. It was on Veals's website as I thought. Have a read. I was surprised of what Bob Moss actually chose to have!

http://www.veals.co.uk/content/37570228/bob-moss-on-spinning-rods/

On a personal note. I have fallen out of lust with the Tenryu's. If the rods perform as well as hoped, then I will be sharing my "bed" with either a 7ft 4" or 7ft 10" Zombie, before summer arrives :D

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ha ha ha,
I have to give to Veals for trying, a bit like comparing a 7' #4 brook fly rod with a 9' #9 saltwater rod-the two are designed and built for entirely different jobs. So how can you really compare the two??
Well I am sure Bob Moss is enjoying his heavily discounted Teklon. Isn't strange how the He found in favour of the rod Veals stocks.
Rod choice is such a personal thing, even two guys of the same height and build fishing the same marks will end up with different rods-both happy in the knowledge that "theirs" is ideal for where they fish. Truth is, if they are happy, and able to catch fish-well the rod is fine.
For me personally, I would have a Ultimate One over a Teklon every time-Not because it the more expensive rod. But I prefer longer rods for the kind of marks and fishing that I do, the fact that the Ultimate One is a much stronger rod (those thick walls help when you fall over!!), and it is well balanced- I know Nathan fishing topwaters with his, without any trouble. Given how much he fishes-the fact he uses an Ultimate One is quite a reconmendation.

Andy K, Don't worry about the hype, fish with what-ever you like, and suits where you fish. Can't say I know much about Zombie Rods, So I will look forward to reading your comments when you get one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your words are so true Dave!

After all, who is to say what the perfect rod will be in a given situation? Is it the one that those who really know what they are talking about. say is the right rod. Or is it the rod that joe bloggs will sit there fishing with and come home after mny hours feeling perfectly content with his days fishing?? For me, its the latter. Its all about how good you feel with a given rod in your hands. If it makes you feel confident, contented and happy with how the fishing is going, then to me, thats the right one for "you". If a rod makes you feel good when you use it - fish or not - then its gotta be good! Add a few shiny fish to the equation then its got to be the "perfect" solution :D

Reactions: Dave Irving

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Tenryu Rock Eye Vortex 78SP-H/BC-H has been added to my must have list, as my new HRF rod. Now to find somewhere that stocks it!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Having known Bob for over 15 years and having fished with him several times, I know him well enough to say he's definately not one to be swayed by bling or expensive pricetags but functionality. So just like his choice of cars, I can understand where he is coming from with this article. I actually thought as you'd expect of Bob it was a well written, but very grounded and honest piece; OK in fairness he didnt have the Tenyru for very long but to be honest it was already not going to sit pretty as he already had it in his head and went to good lengths to explain why for him shorter rods were the way to go.
Having once had a good go of his own-built 10 foot plugger (a beast of a blank if ever I saw one, and only 4" longer than what he stated for the Tenyru) and in the light of his stated requirements, I can well understand why he was more impressed with the Teklon 8'3", tho to be fair there was one point about it he said he didnt like. I bet he didnt like the pink either.
Anyway it was just a comparison between 3 "new" rods, 2 of which he has used for long enough to form an honest opinion, and one he probably got for nothing. Yes I am sure the article has helped Veals sell a few Teklons, after all thats what its been put there for.
Cheers,
Ian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts