The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my last couple of fishing sessions in dorset have been blighted by dirty/ cloudy water with little bits of weed - courtesy of the preceding stormy weather i guess. i guess it can get bad off the dorset coast due to the shales and clay beds in the cliffs.

what lures do people use when the water is cloudy?

does colour really matter? i guess a lure with a lot of movement/ vibration or a rattle is good.

i tried a zonk yesterday and the usual feed shallo and fs + in silver/pink stripe and clear as well as a maria chase bw holo silver, grey/ silver patchinko.

i thought the zonk would be useful as it's got a lot of movement/ vibration - its pearl white.

any pointers gratefully received....

rich

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey Rich,

You'll probably get 10 different answers mate. But personally speaking I use my bigger, darker coloured lures with loud as possible rattles and work them really slow with bigger than normal twitchers to get the most noise out of the rattles.

I've even thought of dunking the lures in the most stinky "fishy" concoction I can muster every few casts. But I'm not quite that sad yet. Give it time though ;o)

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi richard if it's any help the mark i fish the water is like tea a lot of the time and my 2 biggest fish were caught in these conditions 7lb.5 and 8lb.3
the lures were a jointed thunder stick pink/chrome and a feed shallow no 14

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
black.

fish shallow, really close in, over and around dense weedy cover.
we'll be practicing it tomorrow I think. Wind and swell humping.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Burko
For me i prefer colour in the water i always catch more when the sea is a milky colour. This usually is after a good on shore blow which stirs the bottom up.
Lure colour for me is sandeel patterns or orange and gold.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Caught on red/orange/gold komomo 125 sf in coloured water the other day. Think it was at the mark in your avatar (Gypsy lane Lepe?). But over clean ground big paddle tail sp's fished nice and slow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
muddy waters

i fish the yorkshire coast at aldbrough, the water is always muddy,but ikeep plugging awayhoping the vibraition of the lure attracts afish. do you think it gets too muddy?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ben p - nearly well spotted - that photo is tanners
lane nr lepe/ lyminton. never caught there - not yet anyway....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts