The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,581 Posts
Ooooooooh dear!! Incredibly unlucky! Gutted for you!

200-250 Euro is a funny ground. I don't know of too many rods around that price. Most seem to be £100 more or £100 less. If you're using soft baits a lot then I'd be tempted to just go for one of the 8' Grauvell Teklon Spin at about £125. Its a lot of rod for the money and I don't think you'll find much better with similar specs until you get up to the Tenryu's. It'd be a totally different rod to your Shimano but makes a very nice allrounder. I reckon there will be other siilar rods popping up in the next few months, but I don't think you culd fail to be impressed by the Grauvell - even with it being less than you're willing to pay.

· Registered
2,581 Posts
Yep, Technium would be ideal on it.

The Teklon has a pretty soft tip which you'll notice will be quite different to the Shimano, but enough power still to cast hard baits properly (probably up to about 30g?). It really is an allrounder. I have a couple of Sakura Shukans and when I had a go with the Teklon the tip softness was quite different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.