The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much talk about soft baits and vibration baits working, but do people see small, hard, diving lures having a place in UK LRF? Or does the flexibility of other baits generally rule them out?

Water depth may play a part I guess?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Much talk about soft baits and vibration baits working, but do people see small, hard, diving lures having a place in UK LRF? Or does the flexibility of other baits generally rule them out?

Water depth may play a part I guess?
Oh yea, absolutely.
Those small 20 - 45mm lures nail Triggers and that is sort of HRF but...
I reckon the little white bream, the small wrasse species etc will be all over those hard lures m8 and they are LRF targets.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking Sinking or floating Keith? ...although I seem to remember you saying that you'd caught all the Triggers on slow floaters? Which lures were you actually catching them on? Sizes etc?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Slow floaters.

I've got little plugs of all makes but I was using little crankbaits last season.
Now though, I have a much wider range.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have used small plugs for bream and caught on them. The were floaters/slow floaters, great fun to use as well. The downside was tackle losses compared to soft plastics. Because the ground was very rocky and often over oysters I eventually stopped using them because of cost. SPs are cheap as chips and I didn't mind losing them. I have just bought a few LRF size top water plugswhich should be fun. I also intend digging out what bream plugs I have left and give them a try.
So I think they will be successful but if we have to buy Japanese maybe cost prohibitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts