The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,made this simple mount for my camera,works really well and doesn't cost much to make.

This is what you need.

A suitable length of pipe approx 14" with 2 end caps to fit on the end.
2 1/4 inch stainless bolts,1 nut and a few washers for spacers.
2 pieces of re-inforcing plastic (one of my wifes plastic chopping boards went missing)

Firstly drill a hole in each end cap.I used a 6mm bit for a tight fit.

One of the end caps gets bolted to your kayak.I have bolted mine to my hatch cover.Thats why I've used the reinforcing.

The second end cap is attached to the camera with the second bolt.

This is what you should have.

And the end result when all attached with safety cord.

So what I do is set the camera on the timer,put in on the pipe,when I'm ready hit the button and capture the moment.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And heres an example photo.My original pipe was slightly to short I think but since then lengthened it to 14".

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi steve,love homemade ideas...by the way how do you find the vivitar?
cheers daz
Well Daz to be totally honest its not as slim as a standard camera and doesn't take good close ups(< 1 foot).The only time I needed a close up was to varify the length of a Bass this year but had to settle for the photo instead.Other than that its great,had it two years,its been under water(fully water proof),dropped and still looks good. 8.1 mega pixels 2.4 " lcd monitor 8x dig zoom
I use rechargable batteries and they seem to last for ever.It does the job I need it to so I'm happy with it.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts