The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
In summer n shallow water I love blue for bass and white for pollack, but then again sometimes bass like white and pollack like anything you're are trying to catch a bass on. Other people will say that's rubbish....go with what gives you confidence-I have a mate that swears by chartreuse or pink but I won't touch them!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Sooooooo many variables here. Depends on light conditions, water conditions, time of day, bait in the water, time of year, location .... an endless list. I love chartreuse some days, purple others, white, black .... & all the while, my assessments are probably sub-optimal.

I'm sure colour is important, & I've proved that to my own satisfaction on several occasions. Are there rules for it though .... no. There are patterns on specific marks in specific conditions at specific times that will out-fish others though. The secret of the sport is trying to figure that out.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
I'm convinced black lures catch best at night but then again so do white senkos

I think generally colours catch anglers and the lure in the water when the fish swims past it will likely catch

Find the fish and you're likely to snag em I always think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.