The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip Henry. Shame about not landing a fish but you must be encouraged by the takes? Not sure I fancy getting a wave over me like your mate though!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Shot this on Saturday morning, conditions were awesome and the light was going off big time.

Few more shots here

http://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/there_were_bass_around.html

For some reason posting photos up here is still "softening" them a lot - anybody know why ? Click on thumbnail to get a larger image.

View attachment 346
Nice one Henry! Seems that those fishing around are shores (south coast) are seeing a few fish around at the mo.

Picture wise, I think the site just reduces the quality of jpegs quite a bit to save no storage space. You might find you have better quality if you input the URL of the images on your blog, rather than uploading them direct to here. I had the same thing a couple of days ago with pics from around here.

p.s. had 10 lures turn up in the post this morning - 8 of which you'll have never seen. Although they are budget ones, they look extremely good so far :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip Henry. Shame about not landing a fish but you must be encouraged by the takes? Not sure I fancy getting a wave over me like your mate though!
The water's freeeezing ! If you asked me to do that, I'd have politely suggested that you give it a go and asked which button on the camera I had to press to capture the moment for posterity ! Like you say, the right technical clothing is essential for this kind of fishing and with people putting themselves in this kind of situation, especially in cold water, I can see more and more starting to source floatation vests.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Its exactly why I got one lately Mike. Fishing on my own so much, when things like this happen luck can come in to it quite a bit I think. Get hit by 10 of them in one day and statistics probably say you'd end up swimming at least once :sad:

Saying that, having an idea where the picture was taken, he was probably pretty safe in this case.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For some reason posting photos up here is still "softening" them a lot - anybody know why ? Click on thumbnail to get a larger image.

think its something to do with the pixel to size ratio (i normally go for 72pixel per inch by wide point of 600) of image also try over sharpening them like you would to upload onto website or blog
but could also be the way your linking your pics to forum if through your forum expect images quailty loose i hate sites like photobucket but they seem to get best resukts well posting on forums

1 - 10 of 10 Posts