The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone have one of these rods? and if they do, what do they think of it?

http://www.tubertini-sea.co.uk/Tubertini_LureRods.html

I have the 2m long 30-100g version and while I am very happy with the finish and build of the rod, am a bit concerned that it is way too soft for bigger lures.

To retrieve a Megabass Zonk 120 for instance at anything other than dead slow, causes the whole rod to vibrate to the point I thought I'd hooked a fish:shock:

I can cast these bigger lures without drama, it's just the retreive that's worrying and the prospect of hooking anything bigger than a schoolie.......

So, just don't know if this is typical for these rods or if I've got a duff one?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nick,
Not used one of those rods, but I wouldn't worry. The Zonk does have a very strong action (that's why bass love so much), so it does show on the rod tip.
As long as the rod is happy casting the zonk it should be fine.
Your rod is rated for 30-100g castng which way more than most bass rods?? I take it you chose it so you could do some light ledger wth bait as well as lure fishing for bass??

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
No, not really, I did get it as a dedicated modern light lure rod..................... I wouldn't trust it with a leger!

I saw it at a fishing show, picked it up thinking it was a light lure rod, saw the rating and put straight down! The guy selling them assured me they were in fact much lighter in action than the labelling stated, and that he was using exactly the same rod for lure fishing for Bass off Chesil using lures from 50mm up to 150mm.
As usual, it would have been nice to have tried fishing the rod first before buying, because I don't like the big lure wobble, so wouldn't have bought it.
It does cast lures well though, from smallish Dice Bay Craps up to 128 Feed shallows, so it's not all bad news (and my daughter loves the colour!) and with less 'active' actioned lures it fishes and retreives nicely.
I have a Berkley Skeletor and the lighter of the Bushwhackers, which both show a pleasantly pronounced rod tip wobble from a Zonk, which is much nicer than what feels like the whole rod shaking on the Seika.
cheers Nick

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have one of these rods. It’s a bit of an in-betweener I think. I have used it for hard plastics, must say I did not notice excessive wobble, maybe it’s down to the type of lure.
I have had big pollack on jig heads without any trouble at all - it's a tough little rod. I must say I love it as a light jigging rod or for dropshotting. (It is equally at home fishing for smaller species from the boat.)
I had expected the action to be more “tippy”. Hence using it more for drop shotting…. The Hart Finezza Hedge has taken over for my soft plastics work.
The sotobo had no problems with a 10lb 4oz bass earlier in the summer :-D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jim,
10lb 4oz wow!

Thanks for that, it does give me some confidence in the rod after all:-D

cheers Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts